• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

goodmark vs amd ?

Bens69PlymouthSatellite

Local time
6:51 PM
Reaction score
between goodmark and amd which is a more precise fit for quarter panels,or are they both about the same, goodmark is obviously a little cheaper,and does any one know where I can find a new trunk lid for a 69 roadrunner?

I have no hands on with Goodmark, but I am putting full quarters on my `68 from AMD and they fit great!. Also did some research and found that the general concensous is that AMD parts are superior in overall quality. I see trunk lids every so often on Ebay, I'll ask around to see if anyone I know has an extra.

Bought some Goodmark front fenders for a 69 camaro a few years ago and they fit like crap.Didnt follow the curve of the cowl and the mount that bolts to the firewall was to far back leaving a 1/2" door gap.Took alot of dicking around to get them to work.So i would steer clear of Goodmark

I put Goodmark panels on my 70 RR before anyone was selling full factory quarters for this year. . Bought them from Summit for 209 each and felt they fit as well as any piece of aftermarket sheet metal I have seen in 30+ years of playing around with Mopar bodies. Does anyone actually know where each company's panels are manufatured? I have purchased restoration sheetmetal over the years in a wide range of quality. Several have had the same overseas manufaturer sticker. If you do enough bodywork, you will find some stuff fits good, some fits like crap and it isn't always consistent. If any of these comapanies actually have original dies producing actual OEM quality panels, then they are shipped half way around the planet, then they are applied to 40 year old bodies of various condition and shape by various skill levels. This is not a slam on anyone - I am incredibly greatful for what is out there right now! Had I waited another year to do my car, I could have bought full factory style quaters for my 70 and avoided over 10 feet worth of welding and finishing on each side. My point here is a good panel is sometimes elusive, they always need bodywork. I am actually incredibly surprised at how well stuff does fit from today's market. How long has it been since anyone has seen new steel doors, fenders and hoods being made for B bodies? Then again, I fell in love with Mopars in Central NY in the 80s when if you were lucky enough to find some NOS and could afford it, good for you! Otherwise, you couldn't find resto sheetmetal to save your life! Remember those days actually checking a JC Whitney catalog to see if there was someting that might fit pretty much knowing wat it would be when you got it - it wasn't pretty at all! These are great times for Mopar lovers - it's nothing like it used to be! I would died to have had some of this stuff out there when I was getting started. Long rant - cabin fever in the middle of a snow storm.

My dad has a goodmark fender and it didn't fit on his 70 challenger. The body man said he could fix the flat top of the fender to rise the same as the hood, cut and shorten the rear top of the fender ( it was about 2 inches to long), and then massage the rest of it, or spend 1/2 the time on his oem fender and save alot of money---so I'm gonna go with the amd on this one.

The only thing I got from Goodmark was a ralley hood for my Challenger. Fit perfectly

Thanks alot for the input,Goodmark kinda didnt even look as nice from all the pics,so i was just curious who was using what,well looks like amd wins hands down thanks alot!

Auto Transport Service
Back