• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gord Downie will not be down for breakfast

Rip.

Wasnt much into the hip.
The story of his fate is sad. Waiting to pass on. Cancer truely sucks.

I saw the Tragically Hip in a bar in Tucson in 1990.....gut level rock n roll. New Orleans has sunk. RIP Gordon.

Last edited:
Total shock!!! We all knew it was coming, but still hard to swallow....a true Canadian icon!!! I was lucky enough to see them at an outdoor venue for the Fully Completely album...kicked ***!!!

:canada:

I guess I kind of understand Gord Downie and The Tragically Hip not being to well known in the U.S. After all, he was only 53. The band was not formed in the 60's or 70's so most of this generation in America wouldn't be exposed to it like we were in Canada. To put it in context, he is a Canadian legend. He was a down to earth, yet powerful performer. He really is what Canadians are about. R.I.P. Gord. I hope you are listening, you have been on Canadian radio all day long today. We'll miss you.

Last edited:
The Hip... one of the few bands where you can pick any album and listen to the whole thing and it kicks fuckin *** from start to finish

RIP Gord

I saw “The Hip” three times in Buffalo, NY and I will say along with our Canadian friends, Gord Downy will be missed in Buffalo

One Hundredth Meridian, weeds standing shoulder high

Auto Transport Service
Back