• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gost Wires

cinciaz

Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
1971 383 Magnum. 4 Speed. OK spent money on the colored wiring diagram. All my wiring is factory!!! Slot 7 & 8 are for the reverse lights for the 4 Speed. So the problem is slot 7 has a wire coming out of this slot that is not on the wiring diagram. This wire is black with a white tracer. Also the other wire coming out of slot 7 is also black with white tracer. this wire according to the diagram is supposed to be Black with yellow tracer....go figure... Hey, it was 1971 LOL. So I have three questions. 1. Where does the extra wire coming out of slot 7 go??? 2. I have two connectors coming out of the front wiring harness. Both are brown with white tracers. Again not on the diagram. Where do these go??? 3. Does any body have a clip for the heater control valve they would be willing to sell??? Still learning the web site dont know how to PM.
IMG_6116.JPG
IMG_6113.JPG
IMG_6114.JPG
IMG_6115.JPG
IMG_6117.JPG

I’m not familiar with 71’ models but I think that extra wire goes to your dash reverse indicator And should go in an empty slot on one of the bulkhead connectors.

I do have a reverse light on the dash. But its not on the wiring diagram... Go figure

Those wiring diagrams never seem to be 100% accurate. I have some old original factory hard-copies, and even then I find discrepancies from time to time.
If all else fails....physically trace and verify the wire(s) in question. You can do it without cutting open the harness wrap.

This should help. It's from a 72 book bit..
20221007_163833.jpg

Just irritates the heck out of me you pay good money for a wiring diagram and its missing stuff. the A/C wiring is not on this thing either....

should ther be a wire coming out of the bulk head to connect that wire that is going to the revers light on the dash:BangHead:

Just irritates the heck out of me you pay good money for a wiring diagram and its missing stuff. the A/C wiring is not on this thing either....
That's where having the full FSM can come in handy. There is an "accessory" schematic that usually fills in the blanks with things not shown on the other diagrams. Not sure what you have but those nice colored schematics typically only show the engine bay and/or instrument panel schematic pages.
You might go to "myMopar.com" and download the full service manual for your year/make/model.

I have the full service manual on CD couldnt find any thing there... That manual is so hard to find stuff I will look again. Thanks

Should be a molded grommet coming out of the firewall from what I can tell

I have the full service manual on CD couldnt find any thing there... That manual is so hard to find stuff I will look again. Thanks
Gotcha. Well..like I said before, sometimes you'll find stuff in your particular car that isn't on the schematic. Sometimes to be sure you just gotta scrunch under there and trace stuff out...I like to pop 3 or 4 Advils first if I'm gonna be working under the dash:D

The accessory schematics are usually a couple pages in back of the main harness schematic.

Ummm, what do we have here
Screenshot_20221007-170408_Chrome.jpg

OK I found it thank you,,, it was hiding LOL. what page was that on i cant find that on my CD

IMG_6119.JPG

You guys are great. feel like a reel idiot I should have saw that... now we can move foward to the frant harness lol

Are the front wires not possibly the horns? Put a test light in them and push horn button

Auto Transport Service
Back