• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got my restored steering wheel installed!

91r/t

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:40 PM
Reaction score
Well I know everyone here, including myself, are a bunch of picture whores so here’s a picture of my crown jewel installed on my Charger. That’s the last piece to be put on. Looks killer in the car with all the black and chrome! So happy I went this route vs. the woodgrain like everyone else is doing. I love the woodgrain wheel, but I have it in my Roadrunner and a lot of cars I see have it, so I went with the original wheel which was something different.Looks awesome I think!
:thumbsup:

072107AF-F53A-42CE-B6DB-9991E6F3CF78.jpeg
8D90D2B0-FE5C-4A66-B857-A93B59DE1BF5.jpeg

Last edited:
NICE! Did you restore the wheel or ?? Mine was cracked and I put a repop in it's place, but I'm not thrilled with it's dull grayish plastic finish.

I agree. Well done and looks great!

NICE! Did you restore the wheel or ?? Mine was cracked and I put a repop in it's place, but I'm not thrilled with it's dull grayish plastic finish.

Thanks! I actually bought an original wheel in damn good shape from JMILL67. There were a couple tiny nicks that I smoothed off and left because they are barely visable and I didn't wanna epoxy the wheel then risk the chance of shrinkage and all that. Once I smoothed em off, we painted the wheel with a single stage enamel that my buddy uses for pin striping and lettering. One Shot Sign enamel to be exact. It shines really nice, as the 67 wheels were supposed to be shiny from all I've read, so I figured it would look good. Polished up the chrome ring and the horn button and it came out damn nice. There's some tiny, barely visible pitting in the horn ring where it meets the wheel up top, but it isn't visible unless you really look for it on an angle so I am leaving it. I am happy with it.

Well I know everyone here, including myself, are a bunch of picture whores so here’s a picture of my crown jewel installed on my Charger. That’s the last piece to be put on. Looks killer in the car with all the black and chrome! So happy I went this route vs. the woodgrain like everyone else is doing. I love the woodgrain wheel, but I have it in my Roadrunner and a lot of cars I see have it, so I went with the original wheel which was something different.Looks awesome I think!
:thumbsup:

View attachment 740004 View attachment 740005

The wheel looks beautiful , you've done a great job on that .

i usually don't see them that shinny , looks like the crown jewels. nice car!

Thanks Don. I wasn’t quite sure how it’d be because I love the woodgrain wheel too, but after seeing it, I know I made the right choice.
making me think i made the wrong choice!

making me think i made the wrong choice!

Major reason I went this route was the fact it came with a 67 wheel as an early build car and I wanted something different then then usual woodgrain swap. I have the woodgrain on my Runner, so this was just the thing to set it off.

Yessireee! It does look excellent in that cockpit. I knew that wheel would turn out great. It was a perfect wheel to start with. No cracks, no massive separations to repair, no baking in the direct sunlight. You made the right decision. Looks sweet!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back