• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got the old Super Tach II working with my MSD 6AL!

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
Easy fix to the problem of old tachs to MSD Ignitions. I am not affiliated but this solution is not expensive like the MSD “Adapters”. I have verified that this one on Ebay works and the guy who answered my question is the designer as well. He knows what he is talking about as well and was helpful. I now can use my 1978 Super Tach II I used in high school that year!!! So I am very pleased! Now I just need to figure out a place to mount it as the auto steering column is a no go. Any suggestions would be appreciated on that.

FDD7F214-9452-4B80-B1B0-F9319E06545F.jpeg 86A091CC-696F-47DF-8DDF-2D64F79A15A4.jpeg

back in the day I used to run the old sun two piece. they were fun. don't know how many sending units I messed up getting water in them.

back in the day I used to run the old sun two piece. they were fun. don't know how many sending units I messed up getting water in them.
This is the single unit version. Don’t know if this voltage converter would work with the two piece but one could ask.

1F78A1F4-C185-4E8E-98E3-5ECA4F3670AE.jpeg

Some guys make a little sheet metal bracket that tucks under the dash cap. Looks pretty slick. Mines just ziptied to the column.

Some guys make a little sheet metal bracket that tucks under the dash cap. Looks pretty slick. Mines just ziptied to the column.
Thanks I concur as I mocked up a bunch of places and settled for this location. I can see everything with that there and don’t have to look at my knees to see the tach lol

7CDF6720-1EE1-40B8-AF04-E1D6E011B8A4.jpeg

Chicago native and so was the Sun corporation! Vintage!

DAEDE5BE-3675-42C7-995E-71A4B774CEBC.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back