• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got this off a Ford site

joe smith

Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
1698C67B-ACE8-42A7-ACFD-3710D89C9B64.png

Should have made it out of al-yu-minium.

Trucks have weigh limits too.. tongue weight must have been sky high!

Does that look like a bumper hitch failure rather than a receiver hitch failure....hhhhhmmmnnnnn

And.....it's not just full size trucks, got this off a Honda site....(Chevy Colorado)

2aNQ9ZW.jpg

What I find interesting is that all previous pics I've seen of this, only showed the truck, NOT the trailer. The axle on the trailer is fubar too. Did he jump the thing?

I had 5500 pounds in the back of a 79 Dodge D300 single wheel years ago.....and didn't bend anything.....

I had a ‘94 Ford Ranger that was one tough sumbitch. Four cylinder five speed. Once hauled three dodge small block complete engines, two 727 trannies and a differential one hundred and fifty miles on a gravel road, and pulled several 1970 coronet parts cars all over western Canada on a trailer with it. They weighed way more then it did. Had to plan a long way ahead to stop, and going downhill was hairy. I loved that thing. Drove it for about fifteen years and sold it to a guy who drove it for a few more years. THAT truck didn’t fold in half. It was the first vehicle that I bought new off the lot.

Pray tell why were you on a ford site
Maybe some of the Ford/Chevy sites have car guys with older Mopar components looking to dump not understanding the value? Umm. I mean they already proved poor decision trends?

I had a 1997 Tacoma and I drove it to the jobsite one day because the job foreman said take as many block as you want. I said Cool I loaded that Tacoma down so much the damn thing popped wheelies every time I hit a bump. Here is the kicker. I had 40 16x8 inch block in the back of that thing. At 35 pounds each thats 1400 pounds. OOPS.. Pulled it like a champ but it was exciting driving it down the road. These are all 2000 to 2004 Tacomas. Old Toyota had to buy back a buuuuuuunch of trucks because the frames were junk. They would rust right in half at the cab bed gap.

GQtFok1.jpg

ljRsPHo.jpg

image-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Can't make a Dodge into a Mack! That was WAY overloaded. BUT, why are the rear tires not flattened out? Something broke...

I've pulled a trailer for the Red Cross several times over the years with "Burt":
DSCF0649.JPG
He's my 2004 Ram 4x4 hemi SLT, short bed/short cab...
The trailer weighs 7600 pounds fully loaded - as weighed on truck scales before.
Of course, half tons were rated around 10k lbs back then, but it ain't the weight
of the load - it's TONGUE weight that matters first.
Doesn't anyone know about tongue weight anymore?

Auto Transport Service
Back