• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graphics &Vinyl top

Coldsmoke

Local time
2:05 AM
Reaction score
Hi all
My first post here other than the welcome wagon and I thank everyone for the kind words.

It appears that I've scored the Charger that I've been after for most of my adult life.
I'm sort of putting the cart ahead of the horse but I'm just getting everything lined up to get the car looking exactly like it needs to.

A... It's going to need a new vinyl top.
Any suggestions on a top that I should get or avoid?
Also,
What kind of nightmare is it to do this or should I find a "pro" to do the job for me?

B... I'd like to put a decal kit on it... the black side stripes front to back.
The car is key lime green, shiny and nice.
My options are flat black or gloss black decal kits.
What's proper? I appreciate all and any suggestions or opinions.

Ty

Screenshot_20210821-234953.png

Welcome. I'll chime in on the vinyl top question. Depending on your skill level, from what I've read, it can be a fairly straight forward job. For me, I am having someone with experience accomplish this task. I purchased a Legendary vinyl top and it appears to be very true to the original pattern and color.

The thing that concerned me was the removal of the windshield and back glass. This is not something I wanted to risk screwing up. Good luck and post photos!!

Welcome. I'll chime in on the vinyl top question. Depending on your skill level, from what I've read, it can be a fairly straight forward job. For me, I am having someone with experience accomplish this task. I purchased a Legendary vinyl top and it appears to be very true to the original pattern and color.

The thing that concerned me was the removal of the windshield and back glass. This is not something I wanted to risk screwing up. Good luck and post photos!!

Thanks for the reply and the insight.
Looks like I'll be on the hunt for someone who's familiar with changing tops and working on b bodies!
I was hoping it wouldn't require that much disassembly.
Cheers

No need to remove the glass to install a vinyl top on a 73-74 Charger which I assume you have based on the pic. Pull molding and clips, order a new set of clips. They are slip on so they can be replaced with the glass in place. Legendary for the top. Matt finish on the stripe.

IMG_0564.JPG

No need to remove the glass to install a vinyl top on a 73-74 Charger which I assume you have based on the pic. Pull molding and clips, order a new set of clips. They are slip on so they can be replaced with the glass in place. Legendary for the top. Matt finish on the stripe.

View attachment 1156177
Woww, well there's everything I needed to hear and more.

Very much appreciated. That info will certainly put me in the right direction.
Images to follow. Thank you!

Auto Transport Service
Back