• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graveyard cars once again.....

The longest running reality show on TV is "This Old House". More than thirty years. No phony drama. No unrealistic deadlines. No banter between idiots. Just a focus on the job and how it's done. I wish just one car show would follow this obviously successful format.

At least its a MOPAR oriented show.....Mark is an idiot...but a very Mopar educated one. I could do without the stupid antics, but the Mopar restoration aspect is great. Looks like they do very nice work.

Id like to see the real GYC operation. The guys who actually do the work. The nuts and bolts of the operation and not this phony scripted BS. There is no way the owner could run a business this size by what we observe on TV

If you get the Velocity channel it is worth watching. They do great work restoring Mopar muscle cars back to factory specs, execpt the paint is clear coat (mainly) instead of single stage paint.
See this is where I have issues with the GYC. They have fooled the public to think they build OE correct cars. The comment above is a prime example....A car with reproduction parts all over it without an original type paint job is NOT and OE build and the majority of parts are incorrect.

THEY DO NOT AND HAVE NOT......

They build decent Non OE restorations....and have gotten better at panel fitment, paint, etc....

If anyone wants to learn about a real OE build go to the restoration section here and look at my "sticky" build thread. All the real OE build cars are done that way.....

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...e-for-my-father-my-69-gtx-restoration.127388/

Last edited:
I tune in with the expectation that its Modern Family and This Old House mixed together.

Worman was cracking me up blaming his pants because he had a hard time standing up. Even better when Alyssa and Will were trying to help him stand up.

I was also wondering if there would be any flack over putting the rebel flag in the roof.

Anything to create interest in the hobby is good for me.

I caught an episode the other night,not sure what season it was but Dave was trying to be "funny"??? He seems like a nice guy but he is not funny.Now the little chubby vampire looking turd is kinda funny at times.I also watched someone skatin over a primered car with a DA,I almost spit out my supper!

Oh I know,he reminds me of the vampire from Sesame Street!

I don’t have a problem with the show, get some laughs out of it and I get to look at cool mopars, can’t ask for much more with today’s tv programming

There is no way the owner could run a business this size by what we observe on TV

wow,I agree with Steve!!!

i can say one thing about them
they are very very good at creating the illusion that they are some kind of high quality oem shop
just look at the amount of car guys that buy what they are selling
hook,line and sinker.. :)

wow,I agree with Steve!!!

i can say one thing about them
they are very very good at creating the illusion that they are some kind of high quality oem shop
just look at the amount of car guys that buy what they are selling
hook,line and sinker.. :)
EXACTLY!

I look at it as an interesting look at some cool Mopars that I might not be able to see elsewhere. The tall guy that was new last season is interesting only because he's not an asshat and seems to know what he's doing. The rest of those characters I can take or leave. I would rather watch Bitchin Rides or Fantom Works.

I look at it as an interesting look at some cool Mopars that I might not be able to see elsewhere. The tall guy that was new last season is interesting only because he's not an asshat and seems to know what he's doing. The rest of those characters I can take or leave. I would rather watch Bitchin Rides or Fantom Works.
Dave Kindig is the man!.....

FW is another favorite show of mine....

I like Dave at GYC, he’s a no BS type. While everyone is goofing off you can see him in the back wrenching. Also agree the other 2 shows FW and kindigit are good.

She's pregnant again

yours? :poke:

The longest running reality show on TV is "This Old House". More than thirty years. No phony drama. No unrealistic deadlines. No banter between idiots. Just a focus on the job and how it's done. I wish just one car show would follow this obviously successful format.

AGREE 100000000%

Did anyone notice when the zoomed in on the tail panel of that 71 Challenger, that it looked like there were lots of dust particles in the paint?

That's not the first time I've noticed this, as well as a few other things I wouldn't expect to see at a shop like that.

In related news, I also watched the new Wheeler dealers without Edd.

They have added man-hours to the cost breakdown.

IIRC the spent 49 hours on the saab and cleared 2K so, $40.81 an hour for the labor.

42 hours and 3K on the 3000, so $71.42 an hour. Better.

Not sure if they're counting Mike's time, gas and parts shipping.

If they're splitting that, and it's only "Ant's" labor, then not nearly as attractive.

I wonder what their shop rent and bills are.

Just watched first episode of this years season. About the only thing I found of note is that the blonde has gained weight! Besides that show is the same crap. Sigh....

Yeah,
Alyssa has packed on a few pounds...
Wears braces also, teeth....

It's just entertainment for the
un educated group. We all know how it happens but alot have no idea. They see this and say I can do that and spend there money on cars and buy tons of parts (probably from the sponsor s at classic industry s) classic makes a butt load of money so idiot is stuck with a pile of new parts and a rust bucket trying to figure out why it doesn't look like the car on tv (he screwed around all morning and it's not done yet) the ones with lots of money send them to gyc and the ones without sells on c.l. for a fraction of the price to us!
So a recap the TV shows arnt meet for actual guys that fix cars ! There ment for what I'd like to call a posser !

At least its a MOPAR oriented show.....Mark is an idiot...but a very Mopar educated one.

For those who don't watch the show frequently like myself, I don't understand these contradictory statements like the quote above. Is Mark knowledgeable and shares his wisdom and experience on the show, or is he providing false/incorrect information? He can't be both.

I watch the show for the cars...that's all.

While I don't care for the scripted banter and "pranks"...they usually don't bother me that much. Having said that, last night felt like it was 70% bullshit and 30% what I actually wanted to see.

I wish they'd show as much attention to other parts of the build as they do putting on decals. I swear to God I think that's like the 6th time we've seen an in depth installation of decals...we get it already.

If given the opportunity I'd work along side Dave Rea any day of the week. The guy knowledgeable while still humble and easy going. He's the kinda guy I'd call over on a Saturday to shoot the **** and do a little work. Maybe have Royal tag along too.

I enjoy all car shows. It's entertainment on TV and if you are looking for more than that then you will always be disappointed by ALL reality shows. I personally, being a restoration beginner, have actually found that a few shows taught me a few things. Many on this site are quasi professionals and won't get much out of them. But if you are a car guy, especially a Mopar car guy then this show is worth watching.

Auto Transport Service
Back