• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graveyard cars once again.....

We don't have the attention span of a sugared-up 3 year old. That's why we watch TV instead of reading hundreds of forum posts to see how things actually are supposed to get done.

Hahaah I am reminded of the old SNL skit..

13nhig.jpg

You.....You look like you almost 30! Have you ever kissed a girl?
I didn't think so....When I was your age, I LIVED, I DID things, I didn't sit around watching TV.
MOVE out of your parents basement....
That was a classic bit, a small snippet of when the show USED to be great, NON political and entertaining.

I think Mark plays the fool very well. I find him entertaining. He is a goofball, and The work they do on the show is worth watching.

We had a member here who had GYC do his car. If memory recalls he seemed to be satisfied with the work. He also said M.W. was very good to deal with and they were in contact weekly while the car was at the shop. I also though M. W. had a collision shop. Id say his TV show and sponsor's provide the majority of his capital. I dont know what his knowledge of Mopars is, other than it's greater than mine but id be willing to bet he knows the body business very well and is a excellent body man in his own right. The antics on TV are part of the scripting. My opinion only.
I would say Mark is very knowledgeable on mopars. That dude can rattle off part numbers like he is naming his kids. And sometimes Tony aka Tonysparts will school him on stuff. Mark is a humble guy who can take the jabs as well as give them. I would trust him and his people with my car if I had the deep pockets it requires to do a OE restoration.

Give mopar guys a mopar tv show, and they'll find a way to bitch about it. If you don't like it then don't watch it! Obviously they (and the cars) aren't perfect... after all, who is? The factory sure as hell wasn't. A car is only original once, no matter how many NOS parts are used in an "O.E. resto". I'm sure that if I took my car to Mark and asked for a correct single stage paint job, they'd do a fine job.

I love the show. That being said I have a DVR and a skip 30 seconds forward button, which gets used heavily. I'm willing to take the good with the bad, as long as Daren Kirkpatrick stays buried that is.

Ok, might as well ask...who knocked up Allysa? Maybe more went on in the paint booth than decals! Lol!
Wasn't there mentioned last night, something about her boyfriend at home and baby? the painter and the goofball riding around in the junker car was talking about it. She has a kid with her old boyfriend that used to be on the show............................MO

Give mopar guys a mopar tv show, and they'll find a way to bitch about it. If you don't like it then don't watch it! Obviously they (and the cars) aren't perfect... after all, who is? The factory sure as hell wasn't. A car is only original once, no matter how many NOS parts are used in an "O.E. resto". I'm sure that if I took my car to Mark and asked for a correct single stage paint job, they'd do a fine job.
My bet is--if you took your car for a actual OE restoration and it cost you $60,000+,, you would be very disappointed. I remember my new 1968 Roadrunner, and it sure wasn't perfect. Those customers want it better than OEM. A show-car. That is why they do basecoat- clearcoat...............................MO

Humble is not a word I would use to describe his tv persona.
When he returned the go green Challenger to the owner with the R/T decal on the hood in the wrong spot on the hood I had seen enough. He was only off by a foot with his decal placement!

As i said we had a member who had Welby's do his car and he said MW is not like the fooling around we see on TV, in other words its a ACT. When i read up more about GYC and how it originated it became clearly that MK is a smart business man. He owns GYC and the production company that produces it. Id guess he feels the way he produces his show makes it appealing to more folks. I like many of you dont care for the antics and rarely watch it. I dont split hairs on the OE restoration thing as its out of my league but i respect what some of you say regarding that matter. Id think Welby's auto care does top notch restorations, would i send my car across the country if say i stumbled over a pot of money? Probably not. Id go see Dennis Kohrs at Kohrs Kustom's first

Give me Nick's Garage anyday!
I have been pushing the Velocity execs to give Nick his own show its it virtually already a show on YouTube now just needs big time production money and the air time. GYC is a great way to see some cars but they have strayed out into space with BS and not focused on the vars enough with Mark's knowledge i would expect a schooling of just about every part that is going on a car in every episode all he has to do is cut the bullshit get rid of his kid and tell that pot head painter to shut it and stay in the booth and paint get real mean who have the same passion for mopars as he does like the bucktooth good he got already and make more cars! I like Nick Panaritis he's honest and gets excited about his builds and he is a great engine builder

Last edited:
My bet is--if you took your car for a actual OE restoration and it cost you $60,000+,, you would be very disappointed. I remember my new 1968 Roadrunner, and it sure wasn't perfect. Those customers want it better than OEM. A show-car. That is why they do basecoat- clearcoat...............................MO
When you spend 30-40k for just an OE paint job...The owner has two options original single stage enamel or two stage basecoat clearcoat.....The majority go with the one that has added protection properties...For the money vested it is a no brainer..In the gold judging arena one is not docked for using 2 stage. So they still do the sloppy OE paint jobs but have added protection...

OEM Enamel paint jobs from the factory have a lot of defects and orange peel when the shops do them they wet sand them to glass finishes after market paint jobs people expect a better finish , when people buy a car from the factory they tend to accept there paint ,the factory isn't going to have a dealer make it a show finish ,even though some people bitch worked years at a Cadillac dealer and for a Benz dealer

OEM Enamel paint jobs from the factory have a lot of defects and orange peel when the shops do them they wet sand them to glass finishes
My X has all of that....the peel was retained by doing a light buffing....these are the things we do to retain an original like look.....

Mine has peel, runs, sags, debris, poor coverage, overspray, fisheyes and it is a two stage.....mine is no different than the other OE cars done in two stage that are done at other high end shops..

So in the end yes it can be done with base and clear....

I love the show. That being said I have a DVR and a skip 30 seconds forward button, which gets used heavily. I'm willing to take the good with the bad, as long as Daren Kirkpatrick stays buried that is.
THIS ! We are having re runs and that *** clown is back on them >.

Auto Transport Service
Back