Graveyard Carz

General Discussion

1. eric383

eric383 Well-Known Member

My Photo Garage
    Local Time:
    8:42 AM
    Has anyone seen this on Velocity? Pretty much the greatest waste of an hour.:angryfire:

• Like Like x 1
    • loneagle

loneagle Well-Known Member

My Photo Garage
      Local Time:
      9:42 AM
      Yes I saw him use a torch to cut up the dash on a 71 r/t charger cause he needed a pin from brakes

• jeff caudill

jeff caudill Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      they waste more time with stupid fake dialogue than anytime spent on restoring mopars! total waste of time!

• dla4567

dla4567 Well-Known Member

My Photo Garage
      Local Time:
      Watched it for a half hour and couldn't take it any more. My kids thought they were acting like little brats. My son ask if it was a car show why haven't we seen any cars? They were so anal about everything being original but they used the wrong type of nuts to mount the dash pad.I'm sure they do nice work but the show sucks, there goes 30 minutes I'll never get back.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hemi Rebel

Hemi Rebel Well-Known Member

My Photo Garage
        Local Time:
        I have to say, i didnt care much for it at first either, but its growing on me. Last weeks show wasnt too bad, and tonight was ok. It was more focused on the cars and less on the back and forth that drove me nuts. That 70 runner is soooo sweeeet i cant stand it. They did an awesome job on it

• Diecastdeluxe

Diecastdeluxe Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        Mark Worman has been telling everone that they shot these in 2010 and 2011, and the next shows will be more about the cars. I say fine...if it isn't cancelled because of the BS.

• Like Like x 2
        • Propwash

Propwash Well-Known Member

My Photo Garage
          Local Time:
          Struggled through a half hour of it.......Got sick of listening of all the bitching and absolutely nothing getting done..Shut it off.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
          • Ron 73

Ron 73 Well-Known Member

My Photo Garage
            Local Time:
            When i heard of this program i was a little ticked i couldn't get it, But from what ive read, i didn't miss anything, and if they cut up a Charger dash to get a pin for a brake, thats just strange, Ive seen shows where you have to give them time or grow to like it but this don't sound like one thats growing on many.

• 65 Plymouth Satellite 426

65 Plymouth Satellite 426 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
            Lame Show..Sick of This Type Of Trash!:angryfire:

• charliesharp

charliesharp Well-Known Member

Local Time:
            it was more car last night and its growing on me

• fatecaptured

fatecaptured Well-Known Member

My Photo Garage
            Local Time:
            They build only mopars. They talk about OEM restoration (which i know squat about ) i've dvrd it. Daughter likes the silly behavior. Its better than other shows. But thats my 2cents.

• HitIt

HitIt Well-Known Member

Local Time:
            6:42 AM
            I agree with those who are annoyed with this show. It literally makes me anxious while watching.
            But I do continue to watch in hopes it will get better as the guy says it will. For now I have noticed a pattern- when it comes back from commercial they will talk about/ work on the cars for about a minute and a half. Then it's back to bickering and playing around and you can just fast forward through the next commercial. But don't be fooled on othe parts! You'll see what looks like work & restoration going on but if you stop fast forwarding you'll see it's just the bickering and pointless debate over topics other than mopars. Anyhow thought that might help another person stomach the show like it did for me.

• cr8crshr

cr8crshr FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
            For me, I can do without all the "DRAMA" that is so prevalent in these reality based shows now. It is just done for the ratings. Think about the lead show on this type of format...OCC. I hated the constant fighting between Father and Sons as I grew up in that type of environment. That being said, I enjoy all the info that is being displayed on these MoPar resto's being done. I am somewhat the same when it comes to restoring/modifying my 1966 Satellite. I want my work to be the best it can be and use what is available out there to make it look correct and in good form. So the wealth of numbers knowledge they have is really interesting to me and once I look past all the side show antics, it really is an excellent show. Just hope the stated betterment in forthcoming episodes plays out....

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
          • Budnicks

Budnicks Sir Posts A lot FBBO Gold Member

My Photo Garage
            Sonora Calif., We love America & the 2nd Amendment
            Local Time:
            I personally don't give a rats ass about 100% OEM correct restorations, I like to build my cars my way, but I do want a show about exclusively Mopars to work, there are none other than this one... Believe it or not, last nights show was better than the 1st couple were, they are gettin a little better, they all do seem to argue like a bunch of old married couples...LOL... I read & have posted a few comments to Mark Worman, over on www.DodgeCharger.com forum, {he is doing a members of DC.Com's Daytona Charger & A-12 Super Bee, latter in season 2, he gives a bunch of insight on Mark & the show} Gravyard Carz threads, the 1st seasons episodes are done by Mark {he's a weird "Duck"} & some students from Univ. of Oregon {Duck's}, supposedly he/Mark had submitted some shows with no comedy or drama, the network refused to pick up the show, so they went back to filming all the nonsense, the new network production company in season 2 is supposedly a professional production company, maybe they can edit out "some of the BS" & "some of the petty bickering", show more detailed information on the cars & background, in the future {just like the BS on American Chopper Crap, all the drama}... Graveyard Carz > It is getting a little better, actually showing some cars & little work/information, he/Mark is self proclaimed to have added a bunch of this stuff in the 1st season to build the characters for the network... I am trying to hang in there, I want any show about Mopars or even Mopars Restoration to work, but it seems like these guys are pretty damn squirrelly, if it doesn't get any better, it won't last very much longer, anyway... Remember most people aren't watching these shows for the car content alone or as anal about cars as we all are... The Mopar community already has a bad reputation for having a bunch of strange, eccentric type characters or just flat out weird people sometimes, this show certainly isn't helping to prove that wrong, I know, I've been on both sides of that argument, with lots of my fellow Brand X friends over many years, defending Mopar enthusiasts eccentric behavior... I will give it a couple more chances, I can always fast forward thru it or mute the stupid stuff out, I have been DVR-ing it, after the 1st episode, for just that reason... It's a MOPAR or No Car...

• 65 Plymouth Satellite 426

65 Plymouth Satellite 426 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
            And The Guy Driving 130 MPH In A Coronet On Wet Roads? This Guy Have A Death Wish?

• Budnicks

Budnicks Sir Posts A lot FBBO Gold Member

My Photo Garage
            Sonora Calif., We love America & the 2nd Amendment
            Local Time:
            not the smartest thing

Yep not the smartest thing to do, at all, especially for someoone who is old enough & smart enough to know better, but at least they do drive them...... It was a nice Coronet

• fatecaptured

My Photo Garage
            Local Time:
            Yeah I hope it survives. Finally an all mopar t.v show and people bitching about the bitching,lol. Go figure. Its t.v man. Hey it turned my 11 year old daughter on to the show and now she wants to know more about mopars. I'll take their stupid bickering over Hanna Montana any day of the week. Plus i'm learning some things too. Had no idea about the vin code being on the pinch weld inside the trunk for starters. Plus i watched some of their vids on youtube. That Mark guy is pretty smart and actually goes more into techniques on their home made vids. This show needs to make it. I'm so sick of seeing pimp my crap car and chip foose crap. OEM is where its at, those are the high dollar ( wish i had one) cars.

• fatecaptured

My Photo Garage
            Local Time:
            Here's what Mark Worman said about Grave Yard Cars :

"The idea to create Graveyard Carz was inspired by a 1971 'Cuda 440+6 that a client of mine had purchased and wanted me to restore. This car had been totaled in 1980 and spent the next 30 years being picked apart and rusting.

Soon, rumors were in the air that I was going to "rebody" the 'Cuda, using the original body numbers, dash vin and fender tag. These rumors were started by folks in the Mopar community who did NOT believe the car could be saved...I was out to prove them wrong!

I decided to have a young film student from the University Of Oregon bring his camera over on weekends and document the restoration in hopes to validate the authenticity of the resurrection.

Thus, Graveyard Carz was born...

After creating a one hour pilot, featuring straight work on cars and no character interaction, I sent it out to the networks. After nearly a year of "sorry" or "unfortunatelies" I had find out why I was being passed by. Soon I made connection with A. Smith and Co. This is the company that produces shows such as Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, Trading Spaces, etc. Under the direction of a very nice lady there, I learned that even "car shows" have to maintain certain elements to make it appealing to a network. Drama, Conflict and Comedy are the main ones.

So, armed with that knowledge, I set out to rework the program that housed my beloved Mopars. I have always hoped I could make a program that could showcase the cars I love and spread the word of how cool they are, to the masses. I felt it was important to establish characters in the series first and foremost because I knew the 'Cudas, Challengers, Chargers, Road Runners, GTX's, Superbirds and Daytonas would carry their own weight.

After revamping the program to a format desirable by networks, Graveyard Carz is now filming it's second Season. It has been sold and is airing in over 40 countries. Discovery Turbo for the UK purchased it and is set to air late this year. Discovery Latin America has bought Season I and Season II which is still in production. The list goes on and on...

If you want to see our beloved Pentastars on TV then you have to ride out the storm and realize we're trying to reach more than just car enthusiasts with Graveyard Carz. There is not another all Mopar show on TV and I doubt there will be another. Rest assured I listen to everyone and make notes to make the program better. But, I also have to make it appealing to the mainstream viewing audience if we want to be around for many years to come. Just thought I should say something."

• Like Like x 1
            • PDFROGMAN

PDFROGMAN Well-Known Member

Local Time:
              show sucks no desire to waste my time watching it

• 67 B-body

67 B-body Well-Known Member

My Photo Garage
              Local Time:
              Nothing like a bunch of BS back and forth to waste my time....... Not to mention, when they did actualy get to the car, they overheated a brand new engine for the customer, and didn't even break in the camshaft properly! At least, they were claiming that it was its first start, and how well it just fired right up,,,,, followed by reving it up and down,,, Idling / reving,,,, over and over till it blew the damn hose off!
              I wish it were different.... MORE CAR, LESS BS!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
              By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
              Dismiss Notice