• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great Lakes Mopar

GL Mopar

Has anyone dealt with Great Lakes Mopar?

I know of the person that run's it........... don't know him very well but have talked with him on different occassion's, the original owner passed away, I
would say 4-5 year's ago, but as far as I know the same person is running the show up there in Greenville, Mi. I have never been there.... but do know, they do not allow anyone past the front counter, at least AFAIK. If your wanting to buy something from them..... it might be better to have them deliver to the Chrysler's at Carlisle show in July. But, I don't know your circumstance's on buying, but I alway's like to at least see pic's, or is best in person. Good luck to ya on your deal!!

I have ordered a few parts from him, but he is extremely hard to contact on the phone. I am going to Carlisle so maybe I can get the balance of my parts.

Had dealings with Ron when he was alive, they say don't talk ill of the dead so I can't tell you how I feel.
Had dealings with his friend/helper/partner also less than great.
I think the kids are running it now.
Prices are always insane but they have some hard to find stuff.
Best to deal with in person IMHO
They had a habit of being phone tough guys.
They will never see another dime or couple of grand from me again.

You seem to have many NOS posts, to pay those prices your car would have to be top notch. If it isn't your just digging yourself a hole...

I have an NOS tail light lens in the box if you need.
I believe it's the right side, would have to go check.
Recently sold off the wheel well moldings I had.
I also have the original trunk lid R/T emblem rechromed by Pauls Chroming plus some or one reproductions. Ron

Great Lakes Mopar owner Gregg Steffes update.
I got a set of NOS emblems from him back in May for my deck lid. It was the D-O-D-G-E emblems. I opened the box and the 'O' was missing. He told me he had a complete set to which he aggreed that I prepay as he did not take credit cards. I ordered other parts from him and they all arrived as purchased. I called him about the missing deck lid 'R/T' emblem and the missing 'O' emblem. He admitted that the R/T emblem was not in stock and would refund me the cost. He claimed he looked all over his shop fr the 'O' emblem but did not find it and was certain it shipped. I am an CFO and I know how to count to five, but he said he will find another at a swap meat and send it to me to make amends. Three months later, he claims he sent it to me certified mail to which I asked him for the tracking number and my refund check for the R/T emblem. Never heard from him again and I called him from different phones (it worked on him in the past) and now his main line is disconnected. I am out $550.00 for the missing emblems and he sold me parts knowing he did not have the full set. I am a CFO and a part owner of a large company, so the money is not the issue. Tell me you lied and have no intention of refunding me money and let God sort it out. The kicker is that I am doing a full restoration on my car starting next month instead of next year and I will have to use reproduction parts now. Be cautious with this guy.

Great Lakes Mopar owner Gregg Steffes update.
I got a set of NOS emblems from him back in May for my deck lid. It was the D-O-D-G-E emblems. I opened the box and the 'O' was missing. He told me he had a complete set to which he aggreed that I prepay as he did not take credit cards. I ordered other parts from him and they all arrived as purchased. I called him about the missing deck lid 'R/T' emblem and the missing 'O' emblem. He admitted that the R/T emblem was not in stock and would refund me the cost. He claimed he looked all over his shop fr the 'O' emblem but did not find it and was certain it shipped. I am an CFO and I know how to count to five, but he said he will find another at a swap meat and send it to me to make amends. Three months later, he claims he sent it to me certified mail to which I asked him for the tracking number and my refund check for the R/T emblem. Never heard from him again and I called him from different phones (it worked on him in the past) and now his main line is disconnected. I am out $550.00 for the missing emblems and he sold me parts knowing he did not have the full set. I am a CFO and a part owner of a large company, so the money is not the issue. Tell me you lied and have no intention of refunding me money and let God sort it out. The kicker is that I am doing a full restoration on my car starting next month instead of next year and I will have to use reproduction parts now. Be cautious with this guy.

I warned you back in June about these guys, ONLY buy in person...

I bought some parts before your warning without an issue. I emailed a him few days ago and he said he would send the refund check out with the missing part. I only received a response after I threatened to report the issue to the BBB and have my corporate attorney pursue the issue. I chase companies like this for a living so I was weary on the first sale due to the fact that he wanted me to pay by check in advance. I will have my attorney write him a little love letter if I do not receive anything in a week.

Thanks for the heads up on this guy. As of today, 10/27/12 there have been 541 views to this thread. Hopefully that will equate to 541 less customers for him and 541 forum members that don't have to go through the same BS with this vendor.

Good luck, I hope you are able to get some satisfaction.

I received a refund check today for the one emblem. He still has not responded on the tracking number for the other emblem that he claims he shipped.

Well another update a few months old:

The letters (D,D,G,E) were not ever for the 1969 Coronet R/T. They were for the 1970 Coronet Deluxe and do not fit my deck lid. I can return them for a refund, but I do not trust the guy so I am selling them on eBay at a massive reduction from what he charged me. They are useless, like the owner of Great Lakes Mopar, to me. Thanks for all the help.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/thanatosghost

That link is useless to me, 1969CoronetT/T. It goes to a page for "My eBay All Selling". I'm selling nothing, so it shows nothing for sale.

I sold two out of the four today on eBay at a huge loss. Live and learn. I am not sure why the link works for me, but not for others so please ignore it.

Your new link does work for me - it takes me to your name which I can click on to see all items you're selling. Currently, no DODGE letters, but a few other things.

I made a side offer to the same buyer and sold the other two emblems for an even larger loss. Hopefully he can find someone to sell them to that can use them as he is a seller.

Auto Transport Service
Back