• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greetings from The Jersey Shore

496BEE

Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
Hey forum members, I actually been snooping around this site for awhile then finally joined yesterday. Really cool forum with a lot of great info and what seems like a really cool community of Mopar guys, I'm looking forward to spending some time here ..... I actually started off as a die hard vette guy and went from a 730rwhp c5 z06 that I built to a c6 z06 heads / cam car that I sold at 25 to get married and get a house blah blah blah. After I got married I bought a c4 race car and never really had a chance to do much with it due to work so that got sold. Soon after I sold it I got totally obsessed with old school muscle cars and naturally being a gm guy went looking for a big block chevelle . . Then as I was hunting for the right street / strip chevelle I discovered MOPAR. . For me (being that I'm relatively young, turning 29 now) it was like discovering some sort of unknown Grail or ancient artifact. I got hooked on the colors, pistol grips, characters, hemi's max wedges, etc. they just seemed to have so much more personality then the muscle cars I knew. You have to understand growing up my father was / is a crazy car guy that appreciates everything but is a die hard Chevy guy so that's all I really payed attention to . . Needless to say I was hooked and spent a year searching for the right fast streetable demon or duster then I found my 73 charger. The paint / body work was already done being restored and the engine was just finished being built by a Mopar fanatic that used to build super stock race engines. The trans was also fresh from cope racing and just installed. So that's pretty much how I got it and proceeded to finish it how I saw fit. I'm still constantly working on and improving it, and this car I'm keeping bottom line, im in love . Anything else I might get in the future will be a Mopar and will be in addition to, not implace of ... THE END . . .p.s. Sorry for such an intaled confusing rambling mess of a story. When I get on a roll sometimes I just can't stop lol

IMG_0437.png

Welcome from Indiana, I think you knocked me off as being the youngest guy here (just turned 30) lol nice ride

Thanks, yours looks good also... Yeah I got ya beat by a year lol
Welcome from Indiana, I think you knocked me off as being the youngest guy here (just turned 30) lol nice ride

Recently moved to forked river , I was actually surprised to see a lot of Mopar guys around here. So far in my town I met a guy with a big block Indy valiant, another guy with a low 10 second duster, and some one with a 66 roots blown charger
Welcome from another Jersey member! What part of the state are you located?

Best I can do is tell you that I was cruising Ship Bottom during Woodstock. Memory is fading, but we had girls. Got a ticket for allowing the girls to "ride on parts not intended" meaning parade style in the 64 Lemans Convertible. A long time ago. Welcome.

Recently moved to forked river , I was actually surprised to see a lot of Mopar guys around here. So far in my town I met a guy with a big block Indy valiant, another guy with a low 10 second duster, and some one with a 66 roots blown charger

there is a lot of mopar and other muscle hidden away in Ocean County N.J...LOL
me and my brother have a hoard of 7 including a Hellcat in Beachwood
and i also know of 4 70 road runners that all live in the same neighborhood in Bricktown
yesterday i saw a 70 coronet rt hemi orange black stripe driving down rt 9 in toms river

Awesome.. Sounds like I'm going to mesh very well with the locals
there is a lot of mopar and other muscle hidden away in Ocean County N.J...LOL
me and my brother have a hoard of 7 including a Hellcat in Beachwood
and i also know of 4 70 road runners that all live in the same neighborhood in Bricktown
yesterday i saw a 70 coronet rt hemi orange black stripe driving down rt 9 in toms river

Best I can do is tell you that I was cruising Ship Bottom during Woodstock. Memory is fading, but we had girls. Got a ticket for allowing the girls to "ride on parts not intended" meaning parade style in the 64 Lemans Convertible. A long time ago. Welcome.

i grew up spending every summer on LBI in Harvey Cedars till i was in my mid 20's
some of the best times of my life were on that rock..

Awesome.. Sounds like I'm going to mesh very well with the locals

older cars are bigger then what you would think around this area.
not just mopars,i've seen all kinds of cool old stuff
you just never know what will show up at a local car show
the chick a fila up in howell on rt 9 has a show on wed nights during the summer
that chums up some good ones once in a while.

Welcome to FBBO from SoCal. Glad you saw the light before it was too late....

Auto Transport Service
Back