• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUYS BEWARE! instrument panel restoration services at 2K inc. Warning!

400sforever

Local time
3:53 AM
Reaction score
Consider this a warning to all. John Manush from Burlington, Iowa at 2K inc. has serious customer service, anger, and communication problems! I would not recommend using his instrument panel restoration services to anyone! To make a long story short, I sent him my instrument panel to have the gauges refaced and checked. I also wanted the woodgrain re-done and the chrome around the borders of the panel restored as well. The chrome and woodgrain was done nicely, but not by him. He sends those away. So back to the story. Couple months go by and he contacts me in June saying my instrument panel was almost done. He was just waiting for the woodgrain to come back from wherever it was. Up to this point, I had no trouble communicating with him via email. He never called. I always had to be the one to call him. So June comes and goes with no word from John. 1st week of July comes around and all of a sudden I get an email from him which contained about 4 messages that he had evidently sent back in june. He was irate in the email threatening me with late payment fees and freaking out wondering why I wasn't responding to him. Evidently, my local phone company, who I receive my email service through had problems that I was unaware of, so I had no idea he had been trying to contact me until I saw his messages when they finally all came through. I immediately called him and told him I would have paid immediately if I had know everything was done. I went on to explain that I never received any of his messages until that one day in July. He didn't listen at all. He wrote me off as a liar and a low-life like all his other customers (according to him). I reminded him that he had both my cell and home phone numbers and asked him why he never called! He hung up on me. That same day I sent him a certified check from my bank along with a tracking number. He gets the check, and I get no response. I called to ask when he was going to ship it. As soon as I identified myself he hangs up. A week goes by and I hear nothing. So I call his house and talk to his wife and get nowhere with her. I asked for a tracking number for my instrument panel. Nothing. Finally my instrument panel does show up in one piece thankfully. The last thing John Manush said to me was F*** you. Real customer service huh? I would never recommend this guy to anyone. I still am shocked and baffled by this whole ordeal just because he wouldnt dial my number! Beware!! I know he goes to the nationals and other mopar shows!

I think when I was looking for places to restore my dash, I did a search and it led me to a thread on this site with that guys info on it. That's why I ended up going with him but never would again! so im making sure everyone on here knows that!

In all fairness its not his fault your phone company didn't get you his emails....if it was the other way around and you sent him emails and he didn't answer ,you would be pissed too!

In all fairness its not his fault your phone company didn't get you his emails....if it was the other way around and you sent him emails and he didn't answer ,you would be pissed too!

Nah he would have probably called like any normal professional business owner....

I see your point Hemi, but the guy had his phone number, so why no call. I own and run a business myself, and there is a reason I am successful Pweel I am sure there are a couple reasons}, but the most important one is because the "customer is always right", I know that sounds crazy this day in age, BUT its the only way to be.

For instance, if you have time to read a long story, I had a customer that we did a geo thermal HVAC system for in their new construction home, a good sized home 3800sq feet, 20 foot ceilings in some rooms, etc. The heating system was like $75Kish with out the wells drilled, he had a company doing his domestic water well and his irrigation/pool well, which happens, that is not out of the norm, you have a company there with the drill rig, they will give you a better rate drilling the 4 geothermal wells than my company can, the problem is the guy never did it, and I warned there was a bit more to it than just drilling 4 400 ft deep hole, but they already got a price and it was cheap, I admit that...

So the wells go in, they are not great a little closer than I spec'ed them and sloppy but no big deal. well the entire summer goes by and the system works no complaints, I did an energy audit a month in and it seemed to be using about 20% more energy than I would have thought, but nothing to be too alarmed about, its a big house, and I am not familiar with their habbits, they may leave doors open and cook a lot, who knows? Then winter comes and the first service call, its 15 degrees out and they cant get over 68 in the house and the unit is running non stop, that is a problem, because we go below 0 here and that would equate to them being in the 50s inside the house...

So I personally go and check it out, I dont send a tech I went my self. The unit is not shedding enough energy in the wells, the fluid is coming back too cold so I after some thermal imaging, I call my well guy to come and take a look, he cant come for a couple days, and in the mean time the temperature drops we get a snow storm and the house is freezing cold, they are using electric heaters, and calling me 3 times a day screaming at me!!!! I got called a lot of names and threatened with law suits and to have my name destroyed and be on the news, blah blah blah. But the entire time I just apologized, offered to bring them heaters, pay for a hotel, what ever it took until we got it figured out.
So my well guy get there a day earlier than he said because I explained it to him, he laser measures them and they are only 150-200 feet!!! This is a huge ISSUE, my specs were 400+ each!!! So now I explain it to the customer, not my fault, not an easy or inexpensive fix, etc. They call their well guy, and he pretty much tells them to go fk themselves as soon as the husband starts talking to them the same way they were previously speaking to me...

So they ask their options, and I explain, I can install an electric duct heater for this season until the ground thaws and then we will have to drill 1 or maybe 2 more 400 foot deep wells at a cost of $5800 each, plus my labor and materials will be around $6K for the electric supplemental and hooking in the wells....

I am a no good *** whole again, lol, they are going to call their lawyer etc etc etc.

to shorten up this story, I was nice to them through out the entire process, and when I was dealing with them on 2 occasions they had a pair of friends over their house that witnessed these altercations, I never lost my cool, I apologized and tried to make it right... It turned out that couple was in the market to build a new home, and they called me to do the hvac and contract the solar, their houses was almost 10K sq feet and they spent over $280K on HVAC and mechanical {complete geothermal, pool heaters, driveway snow melts, heated counter tops, $3K towel warmers in 3 bathrooms and 2 sets by the pool!!!!}...

Also the first customers ended up paying my well guy and me to repair their system, they used electric ceramic heaters for that entire winter {this is just last year, it was cold}...

So if you want to be successful and you are in a business where you have customers {most businesses :) } you need to remember the customer is always right, I did jobs where people owed me thousands of dollars far beyond an acceptable billing period, but I knew calling and screaming at them would not get me paid, kill them with kindness and learn for next time, because I know if we go to court, I will end up with either nothing or % on the dollar... I drill this into my sons brains, "do GOOD WORK, ALWAYS SMILE, BE ON TIME, TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP THE TRUCKS CLEAN, DONT LEAVE DIRTY DISHES IN THE SINK, SHUT OFF THE LIGHTS WHEN YOU LEAVE A ROOM, TREAT PEOPLE HOW YOU WANT TO BE TREATED" ok a couple of them dont apply to work but still good lessons...

I think this guy should have called and found out what the deal was, and even if he is not smart enough to think of that after not getting an email reply, when the customer does get in contact with you, BE NICE,
business man"hey I tried to email you"
customer"why didn't you call me?"
business man"I didnt think of that sorry, you stuff is all done, you owe me X amont, how would you like to take care of that"
customer "Ill send a check"
business man "awesome that is what I like to hear, Ill call you when it clears and forward you the tracking info after I ship your parts, I worked really hard on these parts I hope you are happy with them, if you know anyone else that needs work done please give them my contact info, I would appreciate that"
customer "I will do that I cant wait to get my parts, Ill talk to you later"
business man "OK, thanks for calling me and again I am sorry I didnt think to call you"....

now you can hang up the phone and think to your self, what an *** whole he got my fkin emails, god dam liar, you can say and think what ever you want, go home and take it out on your dog, I don't know, but smile, be polite, and nice to customers, NO MATTER WHAT, because it takes a lot of praise to make up for one forum post like this, do you know how many people will search this guys name and then never call him, where if this was a post like...

hey FBBO I just got my cluster back from XXXXXXX the guy was super nice, my email was out and he understood, the work looks great he called to follow up and see if I was happy and I am, so use him if you need him he is worth what he charges....

He would have more business vs less, and on day 3 of business school {the first 2 days is just training on how to hold a coffee mug, nod to a coworker, and dial a phone at the same time} they teach you more business = more money more money = more mopar...

thanks for the comments guys! I just wanted to make sure no one else goes through what I did with this guy! He would have had a point to be pissed if he HAD called me and I didn't respond...but to just stake all of that on an email is very bad business. I made sure he had both my home and cell numbers so that there wouldn't be any communication problems and still he never called once!

Seventy, a copy of your post should be the front page of every business school book published, well done sir.

I've never done business with this guy, but I am seeing several very positive comments about his services on other forums. I just emailed him and informed him of this post and asked him to respond with his side of the story. If he's a decent businessman I'm sure we'll hear from him.

it appears that he did do a nice job on my gauge re-facing...im assuming the gauges are all nicely calibrated as well providing that he didn't sabotage them after he had his hissy fit. I wont know those details until I put it back in the car. I don't care what you have heard about the guy before but it only takes one stunt like he pulled with me to ruin his reputation in my eyes. As far as I am concerned he wont post his side of the story because he doesn't have one that is legit since all this happened because he NEVER ONCE called me! he definitely is not a good businessman. Good ones don't hang up on their customers and refuse to talk to them because of a minor misunderstanding. He should work in the back and leave the customer service to someone who knows how to communicate normally with other people on the phone.

it appears that he did do a nice job on my gauge re-facing...im assuming the gauges are all nicely calibrated as well providing that he didn't sabotage them after he had his hissy fit. I wont know those details until I put it back in the car. I don't care what you have heard about the guy before but it only takes one stunt like he pulled with me to ruin his reputation in my eyes. As far as I am concerned he wont post his side of the story because he doesn't have one that is legit since all this happened because he NEVER ONCE called me! he definitely is not a good businessman. Good ones don't hang up on their customers and refuse to talk to them because of a minor misunderstanding. He should work in the back and leave the customer service to someone who knows how to communicate normally with other people on the phone.

400sforever, I appreciate how you feel, but you're not the first guy who's come to the forum and gone on a rant about a vendor and when we got the vendor's side of the story it was much different than the customer's side. We all know several vendors who are total crapbags and who leave a trail of carnage everywhere they go and these trails are pretty well documented, which is why I get curious when I see loads of comments about a guy being a good vendor and then one where he acts totally differently. I always like to know why, and in fairness to everyone we like to hear both sides of the story so we can decide whether or not we want to use that vendor.

I don't know if this guy will reply. I can tell you that most of them either reply to my email or even join the forum. So we'll see what happens.

well good luck.. ive got all the phone records, facts, dates, and emails to prove everything I've said. I wouldn't get on here and make up a rant for no good reason. I've never been treated like that by anyone ever in the mopar business so that's why I decided something should be said. From how he communicated with me at the end, I see no reason why he wouldn't just try to lie his way out of this one to save face because his behavior toward me was unacceptable. I could care less if I ever hear from him again. If you want to think otherwise go right ahead. I wont have any trouble replacing the service he provided for me.

Have to tell you when he did my Savoy cluster you couldn't have asked for a better person to deal with. He was prompt, sent photos of progress along the way, stuck to his estimate and was very professional. Just saying.....

Okay, as I expected I received a prompt reply from Mr. Manush and his account differs somewhat from the original account. This is why I always like to get both sides of a story as everyone likes to put their version of events into the best light possible.

As I wrote before, I've never heard of Mr. Manush or his business before reading this string, but I saw several comments regarding his services on FABO and they paint a picture of a vendor with great products and services, so there's obviously been a disconnect between these two parties.

Also obviously, as you read through the OP's and the vendor's comments, it's obvious there's a LOT of anger on both sides of the debate and as we've all seen before that anger tends to cause objectivity to dry up and blow away. Anyway, here is the reply I got. You can all judge who is in the right/wrong.

7-25-15

Mr. Reynolds,

In regards to the subject it's not I who is a problem it's D. H.

He has been harassing my wife and I over Emails and over the Telephone.

After it was found out what his true colors were I just quit Communicating with him.

He sent us emails that were Blank. He would call my wife and treat her with disrespect. This guy is a very very bad problem.

He has threatened us many times. The guy was so down and out he actually called my hometown Police Department because he thought that was the only way. They called me and we had a good laugh out of it. They told me he Owes You Money, is Delinquent Paying and he calls us??

I did a service for him, he paid (two months late) and even told me he was happy with the Instrument Panel Restoration but kept trying to find problems with other things and wouldn't give up. D. H. just won't let it go.

This is the type of person who Always Has To Be Right and has to Have The Last Word.

I'm 67 years old, a Church going Catholic, a Viet Nam Veteran with Integrity, Honor and Trust. I surely don't need people like D.H. in my life.

This person had all the excuses there were for late payment. Do you actually think it really went down the way he says?

This person is a Loose Cannon and a doesn't have a clue what the truth really is.

In closing I need to know if what he wrote was posted on your web site? If it was without first contacting me there is going to be trouble all around unless you take it off and say something in return making everything right....

Please tell me you just don't post things like this without checking into it first. I'm sure you know that's Slander and Defamation of Character…

Maybe you should call me? ***-***-XXXX

Please Advise.

John

I replied to John and explained to him that this is a private discussion forum where we are free to comment, and criticize, freely. We are not a media outlet with the charge of shaping public opinion. So his comments about wanting changes are invalid.

I also told him that we see posts about problem vendors from time to time and when we do, and the complaint is about someone who doesn't have a record of problems, we owe it to ourselves to get the other side of the story before rendering a decision on whether to do business with them. I think there's some story shaping going on with both sides here, but we can only make decisions based on the info we have.

I'm with you it's really hard to smile when a customer is trying to bend you over everything is on line now I get most of my work from angies list and if the customer is not happy you will know about it how the dash works and looks like it should I have paid 2 times to get a good job done more times than I like to admit

Wow is all I have to say guys. First I harassed no one. He has 2 business phone lines to call. One his wife answers and she is the one I communicated on the phone with because he refused to talk with me. 2nd when I first found out my panel was done in the email that came to me late because of my local phone companies email service, I immediately called him to explain I just received his email notification. next I asked him where and what amount he wanted me to send for return shipping. He refused to answer and immediately called me a liar and blah blah because he couldn't figure out that I honestly had an email problem. So I started to ask him why he NEVER CALLED ME ONCE since the email wasn't working??? he hung up on me midsentence. I called back 2 times in a row and he wouldn't answer. I was so baffled by how he acted especially since he never called that I didn't know what to do next. I didn't know my final bill and I didn't know what form of payment he wanted. So he has my panel and wont answer my phone calls. So I do the only thing I can think of and that was to call the local police department in his home town. He makes the police call to his house sound like I was the problem but it was the other way around. After I told an officer what was going on, the officer got results, called me back, and said that j m sent me an email with all the billing information. It took the cops calling him to get that information for me. I immediately went to my bank, got the check, and sent it with a tracking number. I emailed him the tracking number and that the payment was sent. No response from him. Days go by with zero response from him. I called once to ask if he had a tracking number for me and if my panel was shipped. As soon as I identified myself, he hangs up. So I do the only thing I can again, which is call his other business number at which his wife answers. I asked her if I would get a tracking number and if my panel had been shipped. she doesn't give me any information so I get nowhere with that call. Several more days go by and finally my panel did arrive. By the way I was not 2 months late with my payment. I was one month late.(remember this was not by choice, this was due to lack of communication via a phone call on his part) His account is totally inaccurate attempting to make me look like the guy with serious issues. he's really grasping at straws to bring his church life and military service into the argument, both of which I respect, but have absolutely no validity to this problem. he calls me a loose cannon. He says I had all the excuses there were for why I didn't pay when he wanted. Well really? that's interesting because the only excuse I gave him was the truth about me never receiving his email. I paid him immediately when I actually got the information after the police had to call his house on my behalf. Look what he said above. His attitude and response to bruzilla says it all. He is even threatening the messenger saying there is going to be trouble all around and hinting at lawsuits if these posts aren't taken down. I'll let you guys be the judge here I guess. I didn't know I would be in danger of threats and lawsuits for writing a business review.

if both parties kept their cool, and nobody blew up on the phone, i can't see how this escalated

Auto Transport Service
Back