• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guys need your opinion about a summit sway bar

SDCoronet

Local time
6:14 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, check out the pics of the sway bar that I mounted. The pivot points do not seem to be 90°. Also, the bar that connects the K frame to the base of the radiator does not fit anymore. I called up Summit, and they don't know what to tell me. What do you guys think?

IMG_3897.JPG IMG_3899.JPG IMG_3900.JPG IMG_3901.JPG

call Summit and ask what company makes it and give them a call. That looks like a Hellwig sway bar.

Guess what? SOMEtimes, aftermarket stuff just does not fit right and you have to improvise. I'd modify the brackets or put spacers at the outer edges to get the D bushings square. Regarding the K member brace, sometimes the aftermarket 66-69 B body bars fit better with that dip pointing down instead of up.

i would say flip that bar. looks like kframe mounts needed to be moved toward the center just a bit

i put a hotchkis front sway on my 66 Coronet. the dip points down.

will get some pics

watermelon

Last edited:
I see that your mount has the correct (steeper) angle for that position. I very well may end up welding mine in closer to the center.

Auto Transport Service
Back