• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GYC projects

wagonman

Local time
6:14 PM
Reaction score
Down the street from our shop. Waiting for the dipper. The vert is rough.

20181211_121303.jpg 20181211_121259.jpg 20181211_121342.jpg 20181211_121318.jpg

Looks like the only thing that will be left of the convert willbe firewall forward

Somebody must have a lot of sentimental attachment to want save that one. It will be all AMD when done.

What is the solution that "Dippers" use to eat it ALL off?

Rough for sure.....but honestly, just about the same condition my '70 Roadrunner convertible was in when I started (seriously).

I'm sure the "dippers" use an acid of some type....maybe oxalic acid or phosphoric acid, but I don't know for sure.

Rough for sure.....but honestly, just about the same condition my '70 Roadrunner convertible was in when I started (seriously).

I'm sure the "dippers" use an acid of some type....maybe oxalic acid or phosphoric acid, but I don't know for sure.
Dont know how long these will be allowed to continue what with our Tree Huggin sanctuary city counsel, EPA ect. The H.A. have their clubhouse down the street,Good reason not to mess with the Locals.

They use phosphoric acid.

I like the idea of getting all dirt a corrosion off and out of the nooks and crannies. I hope to have time enough to do my 64 polara in the not so distant future. Does anyone know of a Dipper in the St. Louis area/ central Illinois.

there is one in toledo ohio they use an akaline solution less aggresive. american metal cleaning thats who i used on my charger

there is one in toledo ohio they use an akaline solution less aggresive. american metal cleaning thats who i used on my charger
Yes....American Metal Cleaning in Toledo. They did my Charger also.

Dont know how long these will be allowed to continue what with our Tree Huggin sanctuary city counsel, EPA ect. The H.A. have their clubhouse down the street,Good reason not to mess with the Locals.
Phosphoric acid is not particularly hazardous as far as the EPA is concerned. It's the main ingredient in most toilet bowel cleaners. I mean, you wouldn't want any splashed in your eye, but that's about it.

Phosphoric acid is not particularly hazardous as far as the EPA is concerned. It's the main ingredient in most toilet bowel cleaners. I mean, you wouldn't want any splashed in your eye, but that's about it.
And many of us ingest it regularly...

And many of us ingest it regularly...
True....dilute enough, you can drink it. I "think" it is used to make foods taste more "tart", though citric acid is probably more common for that.

It makes kidney stones real good as well! DAMHIK!!!!!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back