• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Had my left knee replaced.

383man

Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
Just wanted to say I have not posted in a bit because I had to have my left knee replaced on March 19th as it got so bad the bone was pushing the skin about a 1/4 to 1/2" out. I am now doing good as of 2 weeks I am walking good with a cane and can drive my Caravan. Not ready just yet to climb over the rollbar in my 63 but should be in a week or two. Ron

413561345.jpg

Here's to :drinks: a full & speedy recovery...

welcome back :blah:

Welcome to the knee club. Sounds like your doing well.:thumbsup:
Done two myself.

Just wanted to say I have not posted in a bit because I had to have my left knee replaced on March 19th as it got so bad the bone was pushing the skin about a 1/4 to 1/2" out. I am now doing good as of 2 weeks I am walking good with a cane and can drive my Caravan. Not ready just yet to climb over the rollbar in my 63 but should be in a week or two. Ron

View attachment 591148
You know Ron, that cars deteriorate quickly when not driven! I’ll take one for the team and keep your car in shape while you heal. I'll be down from NJ in just a couple of hours with a trailer. :thumbsup::bananadance::lol::steering:

Get well (not so soon)!

Best wishes for speedy recovery! Im not there yet but someday im sure. Friend of mine had both done at same time, yikes. Dr’s said pay attention and only do what you’re supposed to dont push it. He pushed it and had to have 1 redone! So be careful!! Take it easy!!

Probably don't have to tell you this - but make sure you do all the rehab they tell you to do. Good luck and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Wishing you a very fast recovery. I’m probably looking at a new left knee sometime in the future.

Healing will happen. The nerves will regenerate to give the signals and the muscles will grow from the demand asked of them.

I lost the ability to drive my cars that have clutches for a time from a pinched nerve in my back. Without surgery (for my example) I regained the ability I lost.
Do not sit in the chair and wait to heal (listen to the doctors). It could take months but our bodies do respond to what we ask of them.

glad your doing well just dont push it. Youll will be driving it soon enough

Happy healing! Ask your PT if they have speed-shifting exercises.

Probably don't have to tell you this - but make sure you do all the rehab they tell you to do. Good luck and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.
THIS IS IMPORTANT !!! And keep doing the re-hab therapy daily--even after they turn you loose. I didn't keep up with it , and now 14 months later, I am still having trouble getting up from a chair and walking distance. .........................MO

Auto Transport Service
Back