• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Had to replace some things

BeeKool

Local time
5:03 AM
Reaction score
I've been in need of a good vice for a few years. These cheap China-man vices just weren't doing it so I got a Wilton and they gave me a free hammer
20180327_145553.jpg

I do all of my repairs in house, so I've been pondering getting a different welder.
My old Miller 220 volt still works as does my Lincoln 110 wire but with today's commodity prices in the sewer I'm likely GPI g to be making more repairs and less trading in so I bit the bullet and went and got a large 220 volt Lincoln wire.
20180405_155454.jpg
20180406_162136.jpg

I need to do some more tidying up under my welding bench but it fits nice next to it's grandpa Miller.
The area where the Lincoln is where I had my square and round pipe leaning against the wall. It went to the cold part of shop. I hadn't seen the floor there in some time.
I originally was going to mostly use flux core on the Large wire, but after welding some I'm not satisfied and will be putting a gas bottle on it and switching it over to solid core.

Last edited:
Ive got a yost vice best ive ever had and made in the USA didnt get a free hammer tho dammit lol

58590D3C-3D5B-495F-B952-3EA4E1A2F27B.jpeg

Love the free hammer, and I might add that I am quite jealous of that nice shop BeeKool.

Is the Wilton made in china now?
I've always wanted a "bullet"

I've had my Wilton bullet for about 4 years now and has never let me down. I have broke a few chinese vises over the years but the bullet is built tough. Nice purchases. Why didn't you step up for a tig welder?

Is the Wilton made in china now?
I've always wanted a "bullet"
Hope Not
It says made in the U.S.
I sent the warranty papers to Illinois.
I've had my Wilton bullet for about 4 years now and has never let me down. I have broke a few chinese vises over the years but the bullet is built tough. Nice purchases. Why didn't you step up for a tig welder?
I have a smaller bullet on a different bench that was my grandfather's, still does it job.

Love the free hammer, and I might add that I am quite jealous of that nice shop BeeKool.
By today's standards, it's rather lacking and small
But it is a 70 × 30 with A 16' ceiling that's warm in the winter and serves it's purpose.
Had to get the stove going again.
Don't Like to use L.P. if I can burn wood
It's in the damn again teens and going to snow another 6" tonight
20171209_173330.jpg

That's cool that the vices are made here.
I was looking at a Wilton drill press vice and it was made in china.

I hear you on the junk vises. I have sworn to never buy or be gifted a Harbor Freight vise again. Cool on the free hammer...

I have a couple of China made 5" vises that were bought in the 70's and I really tried to break them. So far, they are still doing the job but instead, I broke my little Sears made 4" vise using it more or less a LOT more easily than I've done with the Shineese crap and that vise was bought about the same time in the 70's. Gotta say, China knows how to make good tools but it's this countries CEO's and the greedy bastards that want products today to be as cheap as possible so they can make the most $$$$$ off of us!! As much as I hate China made crap, I've found that it's not really them giving us junk but our business CEO's wanting it that way so they can get rich.....and I'm pissed!! Don't get me wrong....the Shineese uses child labor and on and on to also make the most money and I hate that. It's time we tell them to fork off!!!! I don't want to turn this into a political post but.......damn.

Auto Transport Service
Back