• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hagarty auto insurance

moparjohnny

Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
thinking about getting car insured,i hear hagerty name a lot,has anyone had any experience with them,i got a quote on friday and it was very good price.

That's what I've had for the past couple years. Haven't ever had to make a claim but I've heard they are good and fair when you do need it. I know there is also Grundy.

I've had Hagerty insurance for many years and never had a problem, but then I've never had a claim either. You might be able to find a classic car insurer that's a little cheaper but I think Hagerty has an excellent reputation that they are trying to maintain and I'm hoping that they will be a little more responsive if there's a problem. One thing that I like about Hagerty is that they also insure exotics. I have my 99 Prowler with them in addition to the old Belvedere and their rates for the Prowler were very low.

If you're happy with the price - take it. Hagerty has one of the best names in the business. I'm an insurance broker so I know. There are many other carriers to choose from. But again if your happy on the numbers you can't go wrong with them.

I've priced them all out multiple times for multiple cars. Over the last 20 years, they've always had the best price for my stuff.

grundy was 1220 a year and hagerty was 1400? can you tell me what the difference is Get'Xed?

Every company files their own rates for their own individual rating territories. It's typically based on their experience in the area. Nobody has the same rates. They all have different factors that they apply to the base rates. Hagerty likely hasn't had as good of loss experience in your area as Grundy has. Either that or Grundy has pegged your area as one they want to grow in. There's a myriad of factors that go into it. It's not unusual to have a wide variation in rates. The other thing that has to be considered is the coverages your getting and at what limits. It may not be an apples to apples policy. Hope that helps. Grundy is very good too.

I have had Hagerty for years on our car collection. The one claim we did have was painless and dealing with Hagerty made the pain of wrecked panels and ruined paint disappear.

Been with Hagerty since 1997. I pay $340 a year for both my 63 and my sons Dart. Dart is covered for 17k and my 63 for 22K and they are garage kept. My son had a fender bender in his Dart a few years back and they handled it with great servive. No complaints at all. Ron

I use American Collectors. Haven't had any claims or issues yet. However, I've heard of them dropping peoples coverage because they didn't have their car in a garage 24/7. I pay around $330 a year.

I have been insuring collector cars for years with various companies without ever having to file a claim. Recently I bought a 1964 Sport Fury and insured it with Hagerty. It is an almost identical copy of the very first car I ever owned in high school. I was really excited about finding it.

The car was in rust free Southern survivor condition, but it had been sitting in a building for more than a decade and needed some updating to make it safe to drive. While it was in a repair shop being checked out and repaired, the wiring harness shorted out and burned out every bit of wiring under dash and on the firewall all the way back to the starter and battery.

I called Hagerty and they got on the case immediately. They assured me that everything would be handled quickly. Their agents are some of the most polite people I've EVER dealt with. They even sent me a condolence card addressed to my car, wishing it a quick and complete recovery. ( I'm not kidding. These people are GOOD)

My Hagerty contact, Christina Verschaeve treated me as if I am an old friend.

Christina stayed in constant contact with me through the process and told me not to worry because Hagerty has experts who know where to find all the parts needed to get my car repaired even though it is over fifty years old.

I cannot emphasize enough what a great company Hagerty is.
On the rare occasion that they put you on phone hold, even their hold music is car related Jan and Dean and Beach Boys type of stuff.
I hope to own many more collector cars before I go toes up. Hagerty will insure all of them.

What a well-run Company!

1e0112629d24e33adaeeb3abc49ef70c.jpg
af24115909a06f93d4dbacf06b80a55a.jpg
a697927b74a5950aed306faf491644b2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Auto Transport Service
Back