• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy 50th B-day to my 1970 Charger!!

70ChargeDodger

Local time
12:15 PM
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
My 70 Charger 500 turns 50 today, having fun driving it as much as possible as I work out the bugs. Was off the road for over 20 years when I bought it last July. My mission is to keep it on the road as I work on it, a sort of running/driving repair/resto.
IMG_4795.jpg
IMG_4794.jpg

Car looks good. What is the decal between the front wheel and driver door? I can't recall anything ever being displayed there.

Usually there's a Charger emblem on each sail and maybe one each in the front and back. If the car was a Special Edition option then SE medallion would be on the sails. Looks like somebody, in the past, put their special touch on it. On my '70 it had SE medallions so I also choose to leave the sails without medallions.

Happy 50th to your chariot. Great to see it back on the road after such a long sleep.

Yours was built in June 1970 ? That is a very late build.
Both of mine are December 1969 builds with VIN sequences in the 169,*** range.

2 Chargers A.jpg
2 Chargers B.jpg
2 Chargers I.jpg

That's a Charger emblem, is that not correct?
The emblem looks original but yeah, as stated, the "Charger" emblems went on the drivers side of the grille near the headlight door and on the C pillar between the rear and side windows. Some also had them between the taillights.
18 AAAA.JPG

Hey man! Glad to see you here on the B body site!

Happy Birthday to yours,mine was also built 6/6/70!
IMG_1440.jpg

All of my 70 Chargers have already turned 50,except for the V code Charger R/T,it will turn 50 on July 10th,the last day of Charger production for the 1970 model year.

Happy Birthday, Good ol' Car!
Glad to hear that you are enjoying it on the road!

Auto Transport Service
Back