• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy PST customer

paladin06

Local time
1:50 PM
Reaction score
Hello PST,

You guys really hooked me up on the shocks for my 69 road runner, so I'm back. What's you best recommendation for my 72 Duster 340 w/4 speed? it's got a factory 3:55 out back and no modifications to the real end/axle.

paladin06,

I was glad to see you also had a good experience doing business with PST. I ordered 11/16" tie rod ends, connectors and lower ball joints from them and they were extremely helpful, and overall a great company to do business with.

Sorry guys sometimes the notifications get delayed. I'm happy that you both had a great experience with PST and I am here to help in the future as well. Be sure to keep an eye out as with this being our 30th anniversary year we will be doing give a ways.

Thanks
James

How about those shocks for My Duster noted in the first message?

Sorry guys sometimes the notifications get delayed. I'm happy that you both had a great experience with PST and I am here to help in the future as well. Be sure to keep an eye out as with this being our 30th anniversary year we will be doing give a ways.

Thanks
James

I'm still a proponent of this Bilsteins myself for any mopar, These shocks use the latest is suspension technology including teflon coated surfaces to reduce friction and patented digressive valving. The digressive valving provides better control without the harshness normally associated with performance shocks, with a pair for your Duster being $409. The less expensive route would be the KYB's at $199. But in my opinion the Bilstein quality far out weights their price. Plus you have the member discount and free shipping.

Thanks
James

PM sent.

I'm still a proponent of this Bilsteins myself for any mopar, These shocks use the latest is suspension technology including teflon coated surfaces to reduce friction and patented digressive valving. The digressive valving provides better control without the harshness normally associated with performance shocks, with a pair for your Duster being $409. The less expensive route would be the KYB's at $199. But in my opinion the Bilstein quality far out weights their price. Plus you have the member discount and free shipping.

Thanks
James

Paladin were your shocks that you took out in decent shape? Did you notice much of a difference in ride height? I'm debating the Vi-king's from PST in place of the Bilsteins just to have that adjustability...

James any input? I'm thinking I should pull the trigger soon since our Canadian dollar seems to be in a freefall (pretty much negates the 10% discount but what can ya do!)

Thanks guys!

The ride height is close to OEM (I believe) and that's cool with me as I'm running 20

The ride height is close to OEM (I believe) and that's cool with me as I'm running 20's on rear and 18's on the front, Cory's black chrome wrapped in Hankook rubber. Looks awesome. For me the Bilsteins ride more like struts then shocks.

Paladin were your shocks that you took out in decent shape? Did you notice much of a difference in ride height? I'm debating the Vi-king's from PST in place of the Bilsteins just to have that adjustability...

James any input? I'm thinking I should pull the trigger soon since our Canadian dollar seems to be in a freefall (pretty much negates the 10% discount but what can ya do!)

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_2400.jpg
    IMG_2400.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 257
  • 494393_1361563304_9.jpg
    494393_1361563304_9.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 234
IMAG0093_2.jpg

Thanks Paladin,

Your thread and review on the Bilsteins is what made me decide 100% that I'm swapping out all 4 shocks for gas this year. I think this pic of my car shows best how it is sitting now... I plan on dropping the front end to level it with the torsion bars for the time being (once I'm sure I like that ride height I'm going to opt for the 2" dropped spindle). My leafs are pretty flattened out in the back so I guess my "concern" if you can call it that is that I install the Bilsteins and now my rear end is sitting noticeably higher (I don't anticipate it would change that much but I guess that is dependent on the condition of my shocks now?) Or go with the Vi-King's and leave myself a little bit of adjustability?

Mike

Very nice runner. Good luck..
View attachment 168116

Thanks Paladin,

Your thread and review on the Bilsteins is what made me decide 100% that I'm swapping out all 4 shocks for gas this year. I think this pic of my car shows best how it is sitting now... I plan on dropping the front end to level it with the torsion bars for the time being (once I'm sure I like that ride height I'm going to opt for the 2" dropped spindle). My leafs are pretty flattened out in the back so I guess my "concern" if you can call it that is that I install the Bilsteins and now my rear end is sitting noticeably higher (I don't anticipate it would change that much but I guess that is dependent on the condition of my shocks now?) Or go with the Vi-King's and leave myself a little bit of adjustability?

Mike

HYRDGOON; The shocks won't make a difference in ride height. They don't support the car. The only exception is air shocks, shocks with 'helper' springs or coil overs.

HYRDGOON; The shocks won't make a difference in ride height. They don't support the car. The only exception is air shocks, shocks with 'helper' springs or coil overs.

Perfect that's what I was looking for. My only experience with changing shocks in past was with air shocks so I'm good to go,

Mike

Exactly what I would have said

Thanks
James

Thanks James.

Order is placed for the Bilsteins and made note in comments section of my username for FBBO members discount

Everyone's help appreciated,

Mike

James,

Just wanted to follow up on my "PST Experience" so far.

Was amazed at the service and how quick I was contacted by Kevin to confirm that my membership discount had been applied. I also understand that you guys had just gotten hit with the nasty storm so shipping was delayed a few days which I completely understand and have no issue with. (ordered on the 10th & shipped on the 12th still pretty damn good winter storm or not!)

If I could offer just one suggestion or piece of feedback... The shipping cost to Canada was what I would call on the high end. With that cost I would have thought it be sent by UPS or a courier rather than USPS. I chose to deal with PST rather than competitive shop and look for cheaper shipping because I wanted to deal with a Board Sponsor but in future paying more than 25% of the item cost for shipping would be prohibitive. I guess my question is would there be other avenues to explore for cheaper and more reliable shipping?

For what it's worth the package has been "Out for Delivery" since clearing customs the morning of the 18th and still no delivery. Obviously you have no control over the post office I just thought this feedback may urge you to look at some alternatives for shipping this way.

Thanks James,

Hyrdgoon,

I really do appreciate the input. I like you hear it on all aspects of our business. It is a true aid in helping to make/improve the customers experience. I will try to look into the shipping, but I believe we tend to use USPS because we like to try avoid the expense of the broker fees for the customer that is usually seen using Fedex and UPS. Again thank you for your input and I keep an eye your package for movement.

Thanks
James

Much appreciated James on your diligence as well as the prompt response.

As I said I'm not sure there's a better method I just thought it best to give the feedback if it can help another member in future or myself with my next order.

Thanks again,

Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back