• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

Car Nut

Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score
Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone!

Wear your green!

StPatricksDayHappy.jpg

StPatricksDayHappy.jpg

Happy St Paddy's Day back at ya Car Nut....pose has been adopted, time to stop posting on here for a few hours... :stpatty1::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Barney drunk.JPG

Barney drunk.JPG

Top of the morning to my fellow Irishmen and wanna bees! Have a pint of your fav today and celebrate!
Definitely some Guinness in my future tonight :)

Gotta get my orange out. I don't drink, so tis a non-event for me.

if yer Scots then wear yer orange lads and lassie's........and...if yer in yer kilt paint yer bum orange too.

Happy ME Day!!!
I love Saint Patrick's Day!
If you are fortunate enough to live in or near Chicago, Boston, NYC, or Savannah, GA; those are the BEST places to be today! Savannah has one of the largest St Patrick's Day observances in the US.

Leprechauns1.gif

Happy St. Patty's day right back @ all ya'

I'll be drinking some green beer tonight,
maybe even some Irish whiskey, Old Bushmills maybe

Orange is symbolic of Irish Protestants while green is symbolic of Irish Catholics. On the Irish flag, there is an orange stripe, a green stripe and a white stripe. The orange is for the Protestants, the green is for the Catholics and the white is for the hope of peace between the two.....but I'm American, so all this stuff is silly to me.

Happy St Patty's day to ya..........

Sonny is wearing his "Tommy Boy" Callahan Auto parts Shirt today

tommy boy tee.jpg

VOTED BEST JOKE IN IRELAND

John O'Reilly hoisted his beer and said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life, between the legs of me wife !" That won him the top prize at the pub for the best toast of the night !

He went home and told his wife, Mary, "I won the prize for the Best toast of the night." She said, "Aye, did ye now. And what was your toast?"So... John said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life, sitting in church beside me wife." "Oh, that is very nice indeed, John!" Mary said.

The next day, Mary ran into one of John's drinking buddies on the street corner. The man chuckled leeringly and said, "John won the prize the other night at The pub with a toast about you, Mary." She said,
"Aye, he told me, and I was a bit surprised myself. You know, he's only been in there twice in the last four years. "Once I had to pull him by the ears to make him come, and the other time he fell asleep".

:icon_salut:

Just had a great dinner of corned beef and cabbage with red potatoes and a pint of Guinness for good measure. Happy St. Paddy's Day everybody.

Everyone has a little Irish in them on St. Patrick's day. It's corned beef and cabbage for the wife and I tonight. She's Asian so she doesn't really get all this fuss and green stuff. She noticed the Chicago river was green the other day on the news and was astonished at the thought.

Ever since elementary school I've been wearing orange.

I've always had to tell the story of William of Orange and that I'm actually of Scotch-Irish descent.

If your of Irish Catholic descent, then green, but if Irish Protestant, then orange.

Made for interesting conversation, and many times been accused of being BS.

Last year I even tried finding documentation on the web, but could only find a small bit.

This year I finally decided that the idiots at work had finally beaten be down enough to just skip the trouble and wear green.

HOLY COW, this year it's ALL OVER the web, in detail, and even suggesting that it's gaining in popularity.

Sigh, that's pretty much what happens to me on nearly every thing in life.

I guess St. Patrick being Catholic might have something to do with it.
I always took wearing green as a symbol of Ireland itself being the emerald Isle.

I've seen the neighbourhoods in Ireland where one area the curbs are painted green and another painted orange. That was 20 years ago when they still used armoured police cars.

While vacationing there last year, I was surprised to find that hatred still simmers there.

Got some Murphy blood in me veins too.:BangHead: Corned beef and cabbage for lunch today! No boozin here though...that money is for the Mopars:thumbsup:

May you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows you're dead! My pops had a linen he bought in Ireland with that saying one it. We're part Irish or why did I get named Kevin? Could have been the mailman I guess....

Auto Transport Service
Back