• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Harley goes electric

Wonder if it will be a sales flop like the V-Rod ?

Who knows. No for me but if I was 18-20 and the thing runs like Hayabusa...

they seem like sell outs

IMO it's almost the final nail in the coffin
yet again, what is it ?, for the third ? or is it 4th time ? now

I wonder what their stock holders think

I bailed on them over decade ago

newest wrong move
(the final straw, for many of the devout followers)
1st moving some production to China
& 2nd now going green

do they even know who their base are ?
sure doesn't sound like it

might be a cool bike, looks nice
(I'm not the demographic, not in the market either)
it might do some sales too
but "possibly" offerings, from the wrong company

The writing is on the wall for us internal combustion guys, enjoy your cars while you can! A new Tesla dealership is opening near my job.

A couple years ago they were testing these things on the main drag near my house , they sounded like crap.
Right now the market is saturated with cheap used big twins and price is way up on new ones that aren't selling.
I think Harley is grasping at straws trying to stay afloat.
A hundred mile range , The wife and I used to ride that far to get hot ham sandwiches on a sunday morning. With this thing I would have push it home with dead battery's .
I've rode bikes for over 40 years -- this one is not for me
But I,am sure they will sell some to the tree huggers but I don,t think you will see any in Milwaukee

Meh, might be ok in a city but not my thing.

Last edited:
any new (last 5 years) electric vehicle-

full torque is instant

range is improving and currently not nearly as bad as it was 15 years ago

repairs and battery replacement are still pricey

A couple years ago they were testing these things on the main drag near my house , they sounded like crap.
Right now the market is saturated with cheap used big twins and price is way up on new ones that aren't selling.
I think Harley is grasping at straws trying to stay afloat.
A hundred mile range , The wife and I used to ride that far to get hot ham sandwiches on a sunday morning. With this thing I would have push it home with dead battery's .
I've rode bikes for over 40 years -- this one is not for me
But I,am sure they will sell some to the tree huggers but I don,t think you will see any in Milwaukee
What sound?

And we are energy independent for the first time in years. Oil and gas production is great here. Even most electricity comes from natural gas burning generators.

I haven't had a bike in 30 years; too many deer and ******** around. I am old school in general and that brings to mind one big question from my point of view. Where's the old lady gonna sit! "Da bitch cain't fall off if'n she ain't sittin hind ya!" LOL. They did mention a hybrid in there somewhere. I am sure with all that electric power, you could sacrifice a few volts with recorded and amplified Hog Noises playin from some hidden woofer. They could add an *** shaker too so as to numb you some and or turn you on! :D

I can say I do like the looks of it. But once one realizes it’s a Harley, everything stops there for me. Couldn’t bring myself to own one.

It will be interesting to see how sales actually go..

They are just trying to cover all of their bases by appealing to the next big thing. Personally, I’m not a fan but I think it’s smart on their end. Around here, Harley’s are more popular than ever and a co worker was telling me when he was at bike week in Laconia NH a couple weeks ago, 98% of the bikes there were Harley’s. Said he hadn’t been there in 15 years and back then, was probably only 70% HD.... so they are very alive.

I ride a Honda VTX1800R. I could have bought 4 of them for the price of a comparable Harley BUT if I had the extra coin, I’d be on the HD

Auto Transport Service
Back