• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anybody seen headers like this?

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:00 AM
Reaction score
They look more like tubular exhaust manifolds. Just for curiosity, who makes them?

00k0k_h8bHGMRpSoG_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

Those look to me like tri-y schumacher's. Rumor i heard, is that Schumacher is out of business, but that his headers were made by TTI. I dont know if that is true.

Looks like Schumacher. I installed a set on my '68 Dart with a 440 and power steering. I really liked them. The 440 came out of my Charger that had 1 7/8" TTI headers. Both were just mild street cars, I couldn't tell any difference in performance between the 2.

https://www.engine-swaps.com/Pages/ProductsType/BRB_Headers.html

IMG_0005.JPG

Last edited:
Those look to be Schumacher Tri-Y headers that have been modified. It looks like the collector has been extended a few inches.

Those look to be Schumacher Tri-Y headers that have been modified. It looks like the collector has been extended a few inches.

I thought it looked funny, I made my own head pipes and don’t remember them hanging that low

I thought it looked funny, I made my own head pipes and don’t remember them hanging that low
Was that an automatic om manual?

Memory check for ya'......
How was the plug changing chore on 6 & 7?

TriY passenger side.....

upload_2020-10-26_7-59-30.png

#7 plug access kind'a sucks on the driver side. I couldn't get a 6 point on it at all. A 12 point goes though. Then too, the steering I'm thinking is gonna' be an issue. I see on the site there is a mod required to clear the stock clutch setup....

upload_2020-10-26_8-4-27.png

I though the passenger side of a tri-y was supposed to be 2&4 connected, and then 6&8 connected into "Y"s?

Was that an automatic om manual?

Memory check for ya'......
How was the plug changing chore on 6 & 7?

TriY passenger side.....

View attachment 1018965

#7 plug access kind'a sucks on the driver side. I couldn't get a 6 point on it at all. A 12 point goes though. Then too, the steering I'm thinking is gonna' be an issue. I see on the site there is a mod required to clear the stock clutch setup....

View attachment 1018970

It was an automatic, I'll post some pics tomorrow if I can find them.

My 440 had Edelbrock RPM heads and I don't remember any hard to reach plugs, but I do have a bad memory.

The pipe on the drivers side was closer than 1/4" to the power steering gearbox, so I did use a heat shield there.

Last edited:
Here’s pics of how close the pipes were to the power steering box in my ‘68 Dart. And pics of my head pipes.

D6760EE0-CF06-4DEC-9D17-1CA13AFEBA75.jpeg 60E8C752-AF18-4947-937F-1CE8B5A97827.jpeg A8385FCB-D897-4289-8F88-8B0AD75B96B9.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back