• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has Anyone Bought & Installed One Of Those Dakota Digital Rally Gauge Sets?

soundhd

Local time
4:20 AM
Reaction score
Been looking at the Dakota Digital rally gauge sets. Just wondering if anyone has installed one of those in their B Body? Wiring looks pretty involved.....

I plan on getting the gauge set for my 71. It looks very simple to wire. All of your wiring goes to the module and then a cable goes from the module to the cluster. To me it seems easier than wiring each gauge individually.

I had one in a camaro I owned it was cool but after awhile it got stupid .I didn't wire it up but I had to replace sensors often it was a huge hassle . I would never buy one! Not my style and the numbers were glitchy during fast increases .
But we're talking 8 years ago or so ,maybe there better now

VHX-68D-CHG-S-B.jpg

I think they look good

I purchased and installed a set in a '55 pickup street rod I built. I was very happy with the results. Tech support when needed was excellent. I also liked the look and function. The wiring goes from the box to the senders and box to power panel. When ready you just plug in the gauge panel with one cable. Does dash lights and all. The instructions take you step by step through the calibration process. That's toughest but not rocket science. I would buy again. Dave

I am more concerned about the wiring going out to all the sensors...temp, oil pressure, volts, fuel gauge, speedometer, etc......sounds like a lot of extra wiring that need to be installed. Have to remember most of the stock gauges on the Mopars are mechanical.....this is a complete change over to electrical. The connections from the new gauge cluster to the module is not the problem...is from the module out to everything else including sensor fittings.

The kit comes with all of the sensors and is pretty straight foward. The VHX series does have a cpu about the size of a small book. You may need to order a VSS to adapt your mechanical speedometer to a pulse signal.
Programming the speedo is probably the most difficult piece.
It has a lot of great features, you can set your oil pressure warning message, 1/4 mile dyno, shift light, service engine ect...for the money its probably one of the best!

Auto Transport Service
Back