• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

has anyone bought these woodgrain dash pieces?

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score
whats your feedback on then?
s-l500.jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3726550291...rentrq:c652a7e217a0a4e8423bae75fffe2c00|iid:1

20190814_193253.jpg
buy some vinyl and model railroad lettering decals and do it yourself. And save a ton of money.

I installed a PG Classic wood grain set in a 70 GTX last winter. The color of wood grain was way different from the original. The grain did not look at all like original and I had to file off the edges to get it to fit correctly into plastic bezel. PCG was the only place (Dave since passed) to get a really nice reproduction vinyl. I have 7 sets of wood grain bezels that I am waiting to locate a vinyl match for. I do not recommend the repops.

i agree with steve bought a set from pg classic, sent them back cost alot going back to canada. the color was way to light!

I made these myself using real wood. Not saying
that's what's going to look right if you're trying
to keep things original or factory in appearance.
It's just an option.
My build is old, completely custom, and these fit the "theme".
But you might consider using wood if you want
something different.

20210430_153454.jpg

View attachment 1141452buy some vinyl and model railroad lettering decals and do it yourself. And save a ton of money.
Hello Tony, Did you find the correct Font and size that match the letters on the bezels? Can you please share what company you went with and some info on whether it's a dry transfer or other product. Thanks

Davek
Check with James at Detroit Muscle Technology. He may have the wood grain products you are looking for. Good guy to deal with.

Hello Tony, Did you find the correct Font and size that match the letters on the bezels? Can you please share what company you went with and some info on whether it's a dry transfer or other product. Thanks
I used vvivid vinyl wrap got it from ebay. The vinyl is high quality. it is embossed with woodgrain texture and molds around curves real nice. And it was priced lower than the 3M vinyls... I used the model railroad decals from a place in California the size and font was a great match, they are wet transfer type . Then I clear coated my bezels . I'll look for the info on the decals after work .

No luck finding my old stash of decals. But you can search, 1/8" BOLD GOTHIC WHITE LETTERS NUMBERS ALPHABET DECALS.
on ebay or Amazon . You will also need the 3/32" size as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back