• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone heard from Randy Bolig ?

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:53 AM
Reaction score
Randy was the Editor of Mopar Muscle magazine for many years. I recall hearing from him after the shake-up a few years back.
I have almost every issue of Mopar Muscle and Mopar Action dating back to 1999. Mopar Muscle sure has SHRUNK over the years! I have several older issues with 130 pages. The most recent was 78 or 80. This is pathetic. I doubt Randy had much to do with the amount of pages they put out back then but I still think the magazine was better with him at the wheel.

Yeah, the magazine shrunk but the price went up. I really had a hard time deciding to pay that much for 2 year subscription this time. I miss Randy also!

I thought I remember reading in Mopar Collectors Guide that they were looking at hiring him a few months back.

I liked his articles but as the pages declined so did the amount of articles that interested me. Haven't had a magazine in years, to many resto's and not enough mods.

Randy is a free lance writer doing internet work for several companies.He did a write-up on King Engine Bearings not long ago. His last e-mail address is no longer viable .

Dave Young went back to flying corporate jets after he left the magazine. I spoke with him bout a month ago.

I use to message back & forth with him a lot on
MMM forum, I was really active there too,
BUT it got extremely slow, that's about the time
I came over & found FBBO...

Haven't heard much from him since...

Randy and I have been friends for over 20 years,He has been keeping a low profile as of late.

mopar muscle was definatly better when he was running it , I miss in the rear-view mirror and all the other cool sections that hunkins axed as soon as he took over

Al, thanks for the head's up.

Guys, Thanks for the kind words. You have no idea how much I miss meeting and hanging out with everyone I have met while at Muscle. There have been a lot of changes going on, and I have been working with the folks at Power Automedia. There are a bunch of sites that I contribute to.

At first, I kept up with Muscle to see what happens, but then.... (In the words of a very famous dimwit, "That's all I got to say about that"...)

I'm still around, just not as "visible" as I once was...

By the way, contrary to printed material, I still have the Valiant, although my grandson has claimed it.

By the way, my personal email is [email protected]

Hot damn, How Ya doin' buddy ? Have I got things to tell you..

Randy! Great to see you!
I subscribed to MoPar Muscle when it was a quarterly. Loved reading your stuff.
No longer subscribing to MM.

Are you writing now and where if so?

Randy! Great to see you!
I subscribed to MoPar Muscle when it was a quarterly. Loved reading your stuff.
No longer subscribing to MM.

Are you writing now and where if so?

I'm still writing, but now it's for an Online website company. Most of what I write is about Chevrolet stuff, but as Paula says, "It pays for my Mopar Hobby."

it is great to hear from you Randy. Paula is right keep building those mopars

Auto Transport Service
Back