• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone tried the Summit dual exhaust kit on their 62-65?

Montclaire

Local time
5:53 PM
Reaction score
Summit lists an inexpensive dual exhaust kit for 68-74 b-body. This is meant to mate up to headers. Has anyone tried it for 62-65? I know the engine is further forward than 66 and up but I’m thinking you could just use longer mufflers (the kit comes with 13” muffs).
Thanks

I am assuming you are looking at the 2 1/2 system. My summit paper catalog says some of those systems are available without mufflers. Is the one you are looking at? It looks like the summit turbo are 17 1/2 overall, 13"case. They also sell a thrush turbo (questionable quality?) with a 25"oal, and a 20" case. Under $40 each. They should fit and make up for the forward k-member.
If I was going to do this, I would still get an extra
4ft.length of exhaust tubing (especially if you use the short summit turbos) to fill in potential gaps, and maybe make an h-pipe out of.
I would also look at Jones exhaust for mufflers, at summit. Stainless at a good price (or at least they were, last time I looked).

Yes, I believe the 2.5 system comes with mufflers and the 3” version does not. I’m planning on installing cut-outs which may be enough to make it work as-is.

My brother bought their 3” a-body kit years ago and was happy with it for the price. Other than length I don’t see why the b-body kit wouldn’t fit 62-65 but I figured I should ask if anyone has tried it.

Auto Transport Service
Back