• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has this ever happened to you with your significant other?

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:46 PM
Reaction score
I had a similar incident with Submit once...........

Wife Gasps Causing You To Almost Get In A Fatal Accident Because Video On Her Phone Showed Adorable Baby Goat Tumble Off Log

article-10791-1.jpg

SCOBEY, MT—According to reports, your wife gasped, causing you to almost get in a fatal accident because the video she was watching on her phone showed an adorable baby goat tumble off a log.

“GASP!”

SCREEEEEEECH!

After hopefully missing that cat then slamming into the fire hydrant, you asked, “WHAT IS IT BABE?! WHAT’S WRONG?”

Hand over her heart, your wife pointed her phone’s screen toward your pale, sweating face and said, “Oh, it’s just this baby goat I follow on insta, it fell of the log. I love him so much it hurts!”

Your wife then returned to scrolling through her feed.

Upon dislodging the minivan from the burst fire hydrant, you continued the drive to Costco, calculating the cost of repairs as you threaded the Chrysler Town & Country between vehicles in an effort to beat the hot dog lunch rush.

“GASP!”

SCREEEEEECH!

“ARE YOU OK?” you ask, pulling yourself back into the driver’s seat from the hole in your van’s mangled vehicle’s windshield.

Eyes wide, your wife turned and said, “Chad and Britt changed their relationship to ‘It’s Complicated’!”

Yes, crying wolf(baby goat), and due to this I've learned to disregard.
Unfortunately, someday it may be for real and I won't be paying attention.
I noticed she gets peeved when I not longer pay attention
Oh well

Not exactly on a phone. A drunk on Whitestone Bridge NYC was weaving all over. She started screaming it was a major distraction. Wondered if she saw something I didn't. Told her shut up!

That problem has been gone since mid 2017!!

Frequently. She will find some video or picture on her phone while I’m driving and she will shove it nearly in front of my face to see - usually while I’m trying to merge, navigate an intersection or some such critical moment. Her latest fetish is parrot and cockatoo videos.

No, but sometimes I'll be an asshole if she's deep in her phone. A kinda loud gasp while lightly brushing the brakes will
wake her right up!
Reminds me of a time way back when I was finishing my instrument rating. My flight instructor had a kid that was not feeling well and had kept him up most of the night. We're droning along in my 172 on a calm cloudy day and I'm under the hood shooting approaches, look over at Larry and he's just about dozing off.... not a very attentive safety pilot.
Check his seatbelt, look around the cabin for possible problems...none seen. Pretty much simultaneously pull the power,
roll the plane about 45 degrees and pitch forward to induce negative g load, while swearing.
Woke him right up, kinda like shooting a stray cat in the butt with a BB gun, poor guy didn't know what the hell to grab for
first. He didn't stay pissed very long......

No, but sometimes I'll be an asshole if she's deep in her phone. A kinda loud gasp while lightly brushing the brakes will
wake her right up!
Reminds me of a time way back when I was finishing my instrument rating. My flight instructor had a kid that was not feeling well and had kept him up most of the night. We're droning along in my 172 on a calm cloudy day and I'm under the hood shooting approaches, look over at Larry and he's just about dozing off.... not a very attentive safety pilot.
Check his seatbelt, look around the cabin for possible problems...none seen. Pretty much simultaneously pull the power,
roll the plane about 45 degrees and pitch forward to induce negative g load, while swearing.
Woke him right up, kinda like shooting a stray cat in the butt with a BB gun, poor guy didn't know what the hell to grab for
first. He didn't stay pissed very long......
Oh man, that's funny! Kinda makes me sorry I didn't go for my license. Learned how to taxi and take off (the easy stuff) but never did any landings. Even took meteorology and flight theory thinking I'd later go get my instrument rating.....oh well.

Oh man, that's funny! Kinda makes me sorry I didn't go for my license. Learned how to taxi and take off (the easy stuff) but never did any landings. Even took meteorology and flight theory thinking I'd later go get my instrument rating.....oh well.
There is a great True story about an Air Force technician working on an F86 Jet who was taxiing it and it took off.....

There is a great True story about an Air Force technician working on an F86 Jet who was taxiing it and it took off.....
Hopefully he knew enough about it to land it. I know the basics but I'd be sweating bullets if I had to do it today. Might could land a Stearman bi-plane? They are pretty slow so might not have to use the full length of the runway lol

Hopefully he knew enough about it to land it. I know the basics but I'd be sweating bullets if I had to do it today. Might could land a Stearman? They are pretty slow so might not have to use the full length of the runway lol
Its a good story. The mechanic had some flight experience with small planes so he did fine circling the field until some F86 pilots flew up and got him down.. The strip used the Badminton net emergency stop device, but from my reading he didn't need it...... He was testing some work he had done at a high taxi speed and up it went.......

Auto Transport Service
Back