• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

have question on rear wheel width and largest tire size for my 67 Coronet

67coroneter

Local time
3:57 AM
Reaction score
Whats the widest tire size I can get on a 67 Coronet with stock rear, what size rim and what backspacing will I need

I've got 295/50/15s on 15x8 magnum 500 steel wheels on the back of my 66 charger 5 inch back spacing

Not in 66 they aren't..... I have both right here in front of me...

IMG_2142.JPG IMG_2162.JPG

running 255/60r15 in my 67.tight fit with 15x8 and 4 1/2 inch back space.(outside is very close.)only way to fit a 275 would be to roll the fender lip and that is iffy.no way a 295 will stuff under there.

Tubbed mine, gets 13 inches of tread under there. 29x15.50-15 MT Sportsman's. 15 inch section width. 11 inch rims. Don't have backspacing info yet as I have not decided yet whether to narrow the axle or not.

running 255/60r15 in my 67.tight fit with 15x8 and 4 1/2 inch back space.(outside is very close.)only way to fit a 275 would be to roll the fender lip and that is iffy.no way a 295 will stuff under there.

You want pics?? Thats what I got under mine

I've got 295/50/15s on 15x8 magnum 500 steel wheels on the back of my 66 charger 5 inch back spacing

Are they BFGoodrich's or Coopers? It seems like the Coopers section width usually runs a little smaller than the BFGoodrich. Even still...you're looking at around 12-12.5" That's a lot of rubber to squeeze in. Super stock springs or air shocks?
I've read about a lot of guys getting 275's under Satellites/Coronets with the right offset so if the '66-67 Charger are the same that would be first of me seeing something that big fitting.

Are they BFGoodrich's or Coopers? It seems like the Coopers section width usually runs a little smaller than the BFGoodrich. Even still...you're looking at around 12-12.5" That's a lot of rubber to squeeze in. Super stock springs or air shocks?
I've read about a lot of guys getting 275's under Satellites/Coronets with the right offset so if the '66-67 Charger are the same that would be first of me seeing something that big fitting.

I'll take a pic tomorrow. I'm recovering from some medical work I had done. I don't remember the brand tires to be honest but I'll snap some pics in the morning when I get back on my feet.

I run bilstein shocks and the springs are re acrched 318 66 charger springs.

Not in 66 they aren't..... I have both right here in front of me...
You need glasses (sorry) they are totally different.

66/67 Charger is MUCH larger than 66/67 Coronet.

You need glasses (sorry) they are totally different.

66/67 Charger is MUCH larger than 66/67 Coronet.

No neee to toss around the insults yy1.... just trying to help a guy out...all on the same team here...

Well if they changed the wheel houses on the coronet versus the charger then I stand corrected but my 66 charger has 295/50/15.

Coopers

IMG_2348.JPG IMG_2350.JPG IMG_2351.JPG

I had L60/15's on my 66 Satellite. Needed air shocks, not all jacked up but enough to raise it an inch or so. Wheels had 4 inch back spacing. They still rubbed on hard corners and needed to keep a small bottle jack in trunk. If I had a flat, the leaf spring needed to be jacked down to get the tire in or out.

Interesting conversation gents. I would also have thought the 66/67 Charger and Coronets were the same.
What do you mean by " half skirt"? That the outer wheel well slopes inwards instead of going straight up and then over the top?

If ya want I'll stuff my 295/50/15s under the back of the 66 coronet i have here but I don't think I need to cuz guys like yy1 and the other dude I'm pretty sure have tried it sure they've owned a few. I didn't realize there was a difference cuz hell a 66 b body Dodge seemed like it would be a 66 b body Dodge to me, but that ain't the case. I know they won't fit under a 67 gtx for sure so probably same as a coronet.

...and the Plymouth actually has a tad more room than the Coronet because the quarter skin wheel arch is flared out just a bit.
1967-charger-wwe.jpg
67Coronet_wwe.jpg
67 Belv wwe.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back