• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you ever made friends with a Midget ?

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:16 PM
Reaction score
I have not. I have nothing against them, I just do not know any or ever seem to see any.
I knew a guy that had a fear of them. They creeped him out to the point of having minor panic attacks when he saw them. Phobias are strange though...By definition, a "Phobia" is an irrational fear. As I understand, there are different types as well. Midgets, Dwarves and one other I forget. They turn up in TV and movies far more than in public. I don't recall the last time I saw one just walking along in Home Depot or at an auto parts store.
Last year, there was an wrestling event in a town nearby with some "Little People", they titled it as "Micro-Wrestling. It was exactly like regular wrestling but with midgets. The place was packed with spectators! The performers seemed to enjoy themselves and I figured....GOOD for them. Opportunities for them are surely not as vast as it is for taller people.
Is anyone on this forum a Little Person?

Well, that depends.. I'm not tall by any stretch but, also not a midget. I'm 5'6". But being a smaller guy all my life has had its advantages and disadvantages. Disadvantage, not a lot of chicks dig short guys.. You know the old phrase tall, dark and hansom.. Well, I have one of those traits.. Its not tall or hansom.Advantages, for the longest time I could buy my clothes in the childrens section. lol Sounds terrible now but its true. I could wear size 28 jeans for a long time. I think a lot of people have that phobia about tiny people. I don't think its weird, its just not something you see ever day. I mean look at it from their perspective. They probably think normal size people look weird.

Last edited:
I have a friend who is a little person, as is his wife, and kids. My friend is into cars as well, thats how we met. He had a nice 57 chevy pickup, and still has a 351powered pinto. He uses custom blocks on his gas and brake pedals. He had to retire from his job, due to genetic back problems.

He was Donald Duck at Disneyland for at least twenty years.

My brother in law is 5'6". He seems fine with it.
I read somewhere that the average American male is 5'9" so you aren't far off.

At community college I asked one out to lunch, we were both studying Spanish (same teacher but different class times). She turned me down.

No not me , but I had a vintage 60s modified dirt tracker for sale guy calls me to take a look at it, stops by and I freaked for a moment because he was a short person (about 4 feet tall) He bought the car and we became very close friends.
Cockpit was changed for his size and we would race in the vintage class together.
He is a heavy truck mechanic and a volunteer fire fighter--
He likes women, fast cars, beer and Trump
He is the funniest SOB I ever met and always laughing.
He reminds me of Rico Abrew the guy that wheels 900 hp sprint cars and kicks ***.
God bless you Ralph ---friends forever
Deplorable Bill

I dont hate it but it certainly is not cool when everyone you know is atleast 6 foot tall and you look like the midget.. Im ok with it but was the brunt of countless short jokes.. I learned to just get all the short jokes out ahead of someone else doing it. Beat them to the punch and leave them with nothing to say.

Where I grew up there was a "little person" who worked at a Wendys and his name was Joe. He ran the drive through but it was very awkward trying to get your food. I drove a first gen Rx7 at the time.. With his little T-Rex arms and my low car I had to almost get out of the car to get my food.

Achondroplasia is the medical term and lillte people are the PC term, I have know a few , no they are not angry or fierce people, i wonder if toss the midget was a sport, I think it was in the 70's:D
tenor (2).gif

I dated a gal for a little time that was best friend with a little person. She was a great person and drove a sweet Karman Gia Her dad was real cool but very protective of her he told me once that she was not allowed to date until the men that wanted to date her was not looking for just the novelty of dating a little person.

Achondroplasia is the medical term and lillte people are the PC term, I have know a few , no they are not angry or fierce people, i wonder if toss the midget was a sport, I think it was in the 70's:D
View attachment 853593
I remember dwarf tossing and midget bowling back in the ‘70’s. Midget wrestling was on TV.
But here’s my dwarf story:
In the late ‘70’s I’m going to a small college in some one horse town in Alberta. This place is so hillbilly that you could probably marry a sheep and nobody would notice.
I live in residence, and we decide to throw a party. It’s about nine o’clock, and there’s maybe five dorky guys there, staring at their feet. This is going nowhere fast. Now In the radio DJ program there was a little guy named Terry. About four feet tall, looked like Elvis. Our door opens, in walks Terry. He looks around at our pathetic gathering with a look of utter contempt. Doesn’t say a word. With a sniff he turns and walks out the door. We are devastated. We are standing there trying to figure out what to do when the door bursts open and in walks Terry with probably twenty insane, crazy, cool people. It was like a circus parade. Smoking hot women, I’m sure there was a monkey in there too. Where he found these people in less then five minutes I have no idea. It was probably the best party I’d ever been to, and I’ve been to a few. God bless Terry. I always wondered whatever happened to him.

I have a pair husband and wife ! In my car club there great people (from new new ) I actually am going to give him a hand one of these days putting a cold air intake in his new rt Challenger!
It's about impossible for me to drive the thing with all the gas and brake extension s .
There great people glad I meet them and Know them !

I dont hate it but it certainly is not cool when everyone you know is atleast 6 foot tall and you look like the midget.. Im ok with it but was the brunt of countless short jokes.. I learned to just get all the short jokes out ahead of someone else doing it. Beat them to the punch and leave them with nothing to say.
Youre in good company bro. Jose Altuve of the Houston Astros is 5 6” and is an absolute rock star of success on the best team in baseball. That size still packs a lot of punch in life.

Auto Transport Service
Back