• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Having Kids: Pros and Cons

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:03 AM
Reaction score
Jan 9, 2023
63bc683282d1363bc683282d14.jpg

Children are a blessing from the Lord! But are you ready for the responsibilities and trials of parenthood?
Our panel of experts has compiled a list of pros and cons to help you decide if you're ready to be fruitful and multiply.

Pro: Adorable little babies whose cheeks you just want to chew (gross).
Con: Turn into punk teenagers you really want to punch in the face (and not chew).

Pro: They say things like, "You're the best mom/dad."
Con: Also things like, "I need money."

Pro: Always someone around who wants to play board games.
Con: They want to play Candy Land: Legacy.

Pro: An army of warriors for Christ who can change the world is within your grasp!
Con: They may choose a gender studies major instead.

Pro: They look really cute in dinosaur onesies.
Con: They're basically useless until they're 5.

Pro: You can see the world anew through their eyes.
Con: They won't care about half the stuff you show them.

Pro: You get to teach them to be just like you.
Con: They grow up to be just like you.

Pro: You'll experience new emotions you never knew existed.
Con: Harry Chapin's "Cat's in the Cradle" will make you cry every time.

Pro: The instant spiritual connection you have with the baby will make you believe in a soul.
Con: You'll become more aware of your sin. Ouch!

So... do you think you're ready? If you don't think you are, you should have some kids anyway. It'll be good for you.

Worst part of the senior/retirement community my Mom lives in is the deadbeat adult children.

I knew in first grade there was no way I was having kids; I looked around the classroom at the rest of the retards and said F that....... true story

Awe come on. You need someone to sell your stuff when you're gone. It aint gonna sell itself.

Assuming there is a God ...

When God created man he made one serious mistake ... he made the sex organs and reproductive organs one and the same !!

Jan 9, 2023
View attachment 1400546

Children are a blessing from the Lord! But are you ready for the responsibilities and trials of parenthood?
Our panel of experts has compiled a list of pros and cons to help you decide if you're ready to be fruitful and multiply.

Pro: Adorable little babies whose cheeks you just want to chew (gross).
Con: Turn into punk teenagers you really want to punch in the face (and not chew).

Pro: They say things like, "You're the best mom/dad."
Con: Also things like, "I need money."

Pro: Always someone around who wants to play board games.
Con: They want to play Candy Land: Legacy.

Pro: An army of warriors for Christ who can change the world is within your grasp!
Con: They may choose a gender studies major instead.

Pro: They look really cute in dinosaur onesies.
Con: They're basically useless until they're 5.

Pro: You can see the world anew through their eyes.
Con: They won't care about half the stuff you show them.

Pro: You get to teach them to be just like you.
Con: They grow up to be just like you.

Pro: You'll experience new emotions you never knew existed.
Con: Harry Chapin's "Cat's in the Cradle" will make you cry every time.

Pro: The instant spiritual connection you have with the baby will make you believe in a soul.
Con: You'll become more aware of your sin. Ouch!

So... do you think you're ready? If you don't think you are, you should have some kids anyway. It'll be good for you.
Yup, I can throw an amen or two in there.
:rofl:

There was never a point early on that we "decided" to have children. It just happened.
At that point my wife and I committed to do our best to TRY to raise our kids to be part of the solution and not the problem on this planet.
We are grateful to see them each living their own lives and (2) of the (3) starting their own families, as of a few years ago now.
But it didn't come easy nor without heartache. We had to be intentional about raising them the way we believed was right.
And the worst traits we see in our kids today come from the areas where my wife and/or I struggle(d) to get it right. At times we blew it. Sometimes worst than others.
It doesn't always work out with sunshine, lollipops and rainbows for everyone. God knows it didn't for us.
Wasn't easy by any means, but it was worth it.
If I could go back and do it all over again raising our kids, I would.
Hardest part for me was letting them go. My wife on the other hand? It was a little easier for her to let them go lol.

Got it out of the way early, then moved 3k miles to ensure we would not become a built in baby sitter.

I knew in first grade there was no way I was having kids; I looked around the classroom at the rest of the retards and said F that....... true story
You can't use the "R" word anymore! You never go full retard! Lol

No kids - but one hellfire of a story that goes with that ….. Nope you’re going to have to wait for the book and I ain’t getting any younger…..
21CC7283-AB3C-44ED-BAFC-AE4C46C5EA00.jpeg

I am in agreement with what an old buddy of mine once said.. (R.I.P. Jimmy)
"I wouldn't take the whole world for either one of my kids. And I wouldn't give a nickel for another one."

Kids were great to have and raise many years ago, but now I'd be scared as hell to start raising kids the way this world is heading and that worries me with my grandchildren.

We didn’t have to deal with distracted, vaping, impaled, tatted parents who play on their phones all day.

1) If you wait until you are "ready" to have kids, you'll never have them.
2) There is nothing anyone can tell you that will properly prepare you for having kids.
3) Its better for some people not to reproduce.
4) If you don't have kids. you'll miss out on one of life's most important journeys
5) Being a parent can really suck sometimes; it can also be incredibly rewarding.

Auto Transport Service
Back