• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hayden 2947

wagonman

Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
Just got one from Summit, no longer comes with the pilot 3/4 to 5/8 adaptor FYI. In the comments on their page some say it comes with,Nope. My buddy has a lathe so he will make out of brass bar stock.

That sux....for what it's worth, mine had one. I wonder if Hayden no longer supplies them or just poor Q/C..

I hope that you know someone with small hands. Installing that thing sucks !

Which size for my application? 3/4 or 5/8. You know, the yellow wreck.

The hub on our water pumps is 5/8" but the receiving hole in the Hayden clutches is 3/4".....with the bigger hole and a spacer you can fit it to more sizes of pumps but if they made the hole small it would only fit small-hub pumps I suppose..

I got one several years ago, came with the brass adaptor, not impressed, it still fit loose, so I went back to my flex-a-lite clutch which is drilled to the proper size and fits snug.

Just got one from Summit, no longer comes with the pilot 3/4 to 5/8 adaptor FYI. In the comments on their page some say it comes with,Nope. My buddy has a lathe so he will make out of brass bar stock.
i got one two days ago and from summit mine had it. test fit was good also nice and snug.

So I call Sumshit start a case and ask if they can check another boxed clutch to see whats what. Returned the first one got the second one, same ****. E-mails back and forth and so on. NO we did not check they say call Hayden. I know weed is legal in NV but come on guys. Will give a poop review.

I would guess 5/8 got to measure pump pilot. BTW the Runner and the wagon are getting repainted. NOT Paint jail again, Lord help me. Tiger striped the Runner and the clear is cracking on the wagon. See You in Reno?

$62.99 probably did. says heavy duty, have'nt really bought much from the maybe $500.00 worth in the last couple years. drop in the bucket compared to some other places in the last 4 years

Bumping this thread. Anyone know of a fan clutch that positions the fan between the stock clutch and the 2947? Stock clutch is too big and the 2947 too short.

Bumping this thread. Anyone know of a fan clutch that positions the fan between the stock clutch and the 2947? Stock clutch is too big and the 2947 too short.
I'm not sure exactly which part# Mopar used, but the clutch that came with the now-defunct "MP Viscous Clutch and Fan" kit measures right about 3.25" from the mounting surface to the front of the thermal spring. Approximately 3/8"-1/2" longer than the 2947.

If that length works for you, I have one I've never been able to use due to the bigger radiator so if you want it I'll send it to you fer nuthin'. The hub is tight to turn by hand and it's been properly stored (face-down) so it "should" be fine..

Edited----Oops!...actually I do know what part number they used because it's printed right on it LOL! #4095704. Offer's still good either way.

Last edited:
The dimension I’m interested in is the pump mounting face to Fan mounting face dimension. The 2947 measures 1.095 and I have two others here that measure 1.51 and 1.63. I need something that is in the ballpark of 1.375 or so.

Last edited:
The dimension I’m interested in is the pump mounting face to Fan mounting face dimension. The 2947 measures 1.095 and I two others here that measure 1.51 and 1.63. I need something that is in the ballpark of 1.375 or so.
Okay. The MP unit measures about 1.7 so that's way too big.

Auto Transport Service
Back