• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Header question

Coronet67guy

Local time
12:11 PM
Reaction score
I'm putting some 78070 shorty hedmans on my 74 400 big block. I did look at TTI's but man $370 difference for the raw steal ones. (I'll be getting them ceramic coated locally for $175). For connecting the header to exhaust, TTI specifically calls for some 2.5 inch header adapter pipes, sold separately of course, another $116. Would these also be needed for the Hedman headers? Would the TTI pipes even work with the hedman headers? I've done a few searches looking for a less expensive option but have came up blank. I figured I would ask the question before I buy the TTI pipes and see if you guys know where I can pick up 2.5 inch header adapter pipes without the TTI name.

Thanks
Alan

I looked up your 78070 hedmans on summit's site . They showed "replacement parts" right below with gaskets and flanges(not really reducers, but work the same) for$36. @Coronet67guy

I looked up your 78070 hedmans on summit's site . They showed "replacement parts" right below with gaskets and flanges(not really reducers, but work the same) for$36. @Coronet67guy

Great, I'll check that out. I actually bought the headers from Summit. Thanks.

I just searched hedman 78070, and both listings came up.

Not sure what you meant by that but I did look at this. The replacement kit seems to be to repair old headers. I think the only item in that $36 kit I would use would be the reducers, which I can get for $23 on summit. Was really after the full adapter pipe like shown on the Mancini page. Thanks.

67,do you have a custom exhaust shop nearby?

67,do you have a custom exhaust shop nearby?

I believe I would. I've used an exhaust shop here in town several times and they do great work. I'm just not sure about the "custom" part. Fill me in on what they could possibly do for me.

I used “header buddies” from Sumitt part no. SUM-G4770 with my Hedmans. No gaskets needed.:thumbsup:

They can swedge a short adapter on their hydrolic to mate both sizes of tubing.

They are in my new sumitt catalog. They don't come with headers.

They are in my new sumitt catalog. They don't come with headers.

Yes if you search them on summit's site they say "not available" and give you a list of suggestions. Thanks for the info.

Auto Transport Service
Back