• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

headers for my 62 Dart 440

kelly

Local time
8:29 AM
Reaction score
OK! I know someone has put headers on there 62 Dart. I'm looking for a set but don't know whats a good set and kind to get. Any help will be nice.
I have a 62 Dart 440 with a 440 6 pack.
Thanks

On my 62 polara with 383 i have dougs. I also put on a mini starter. Plenty of room.

They told me they did not make them for a 62 with a 440.
Thanks

Hedman 78030. Have them on the 440 in my '63 Dodge and they fit perfectly. Use a mini starter.

OK! I know someone has put headers on there 62 Dart. I'm looking for a set but don't know whats a good set and kind to get. Any help will be nice.
Thanks
look for header flange plates 3/8" thick, the 5/16" think plates like to leak and bend. hooker is great and xpensive

When you fine them,if they are not coated,ceramacoat them!! I know a reasonable place in Conn.:thumbsup:

Thanks
the probable reason saying they dont fit is -there was no 440 in '62, they know only what their supplier says on paper.

the probable reason saying they dont fit is -there was no 440 in '62, they know only what their supplier says on paper.
I've gone through the same thing when ordering wheels for a 62 dart, I ordered wheels with 5 x 4.5
bolt pattern they responded they wont fit as the dart is an A body with smaller bolt pattern ,they(sellers) for the most part have no clue the'62 Dart was a B-body.

I use a complete TTI exhaust in my '65 coronet. can't say enough good about the fit and quality.

I use a complete TTI exhaust in my '65 coronet. can't say enough good about the fit and quality.
I'm betting you are 100% right, they are quality- period. why don't I have them? I cant afford them.

I'm betting you are 100% right, they are quality- period. why don't I have them? I cant afford them.
I know they're not cheap but installation was so easy on my '65. it has 2" headers, full 3" exhaust and just fits perfect. using edelbrock heads the plugs are very easy to change. I installed this system in 2003 and all the pipes are still good. i'd do it again without hesitation.

I know they're not cheap but installation was so easy on my '65. it has 2" headers, full 3" exhaust and just fits perfect. using edelbrock heads the plugs are very easy to change. I installed this system in 2003 and all the pipes are still good. i'd do it again without hesitation.
ease of installation is a BIG issue, some require lifting the engines off the mounts- remove the starter etc,

Auto Transport Service
Back