• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headers for my GTX

RS23VOA

Local time
8:04 PM
Reaction score
Guys,
I'm going to put headers on my GTX and i'm not using TTI because of the cost. I like Hookers as i've used them in the past. I'm looking at the Darkside Black Ceramic Coated. Has anyone used them or do you have other recommendations beside TTI? The Hedmans are interesting because of the 3/8" flange and 14ga aluminized pipe but its only 1 3/4" diameter.
Thanks

If this is a mild application, I would use the Hooker Competition header 1 7/8. They fit much better than Hedman 1 3/4. I've had both on a 68 Charger.

Guys,
I'm going to put headers on my GTX and i'm not using TTI because of the cost. I like Hookers as i've used them in the past. I'm looking at the Darkside Black Ceramic Coated. Has anyone used them or do you have other recommendations beside TTI? The Hedmans are interesting because of the 3/8" flange and 14ga aluminized pipe but its only 1 3/4" diameter.
Thanks

I was going to do the same until a local Mopar guru locally told me my elelphant ear factory headers were just as good so instead I am removing the 2.25 pipe and putting in 2.50 pipe. Good luck with your exchange

Hooker comps or super comps. A bit of massaging to get them in, but in what I have seen, both outflow TTI. Look on eBay for hooker's scratch and dent. The only times I hear how great TTI headers are, seems to be from a magazine, and, right near the article...wow..a freaking ad for them. No ad for hooker, yet, one of the most used headers in the world. Hedman are only if you are on a serious budget, in my opinion. Stock manifolds are great wheel chocks. Fine if you like day one cars. But there are people out there that say they are better than headers. Same people owned a slant six that out ran Hemis.

TTi's fit the best period, you know that old saying - you get what you pay for. If it's a street car the HP manifolds are all you need.

Just my humble opinion.

Auto Transport Service
Back