• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headers for R/T

Sixer

Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. TTI are the best, but the Sixer is income challenged. Can anyone give me honest info on the alternatives? While performance is king, ease of fit and install ease as well as decent (not absolute best) hp gains are priority for me. Oh, and not cost a months wages is a big plus. I cannot yank the motor to do this install-I'm old, weak, and health challenged. I just love the cackle headers give, and R/T has a basically stock 440. Any help here? Thanks guys, you're all the best! Oh, and it's a 67 Coronet R/T, ps and pb, console shift TFlite, 800 AVS Edelbrock on cast intake, stock cam.

I have 2" super comp hookers on my 440.I wouldn't want to mess with them unless I was pulling the motor. I would check out flowtech.. about $170 painted or$320 ceramic at summit racing.

I went with a set of Doug's. I really wanted the TTI's as I have a "buy the best the first time" attitude. But, I couldn't justify the price. $740 vs $1250, Canadian that is. I can do a lot with $500.

I went with Hedman elites from Jegs. On sale for $403. Did not require a mini starter but I did have to dent them some and grind on my bell housing some.

I chose them for price, and the fact that they are heavier gauge metal with thicker flanges.

I have 2" super comp hookers on my 440.I wouldn't want to mess with them unless I was pulling the motor. I would check out flowtech.. about $170 painted or$320 ceramic at summit racing.

Flow tech are a good bang for your buck.. I strongly suggest the ceramic ones.. I worked at the parts counter and we sold flowtechs.. I pulled MANY headers out of MANY boxes and it seems with flowtech, if you get the black ones, the new guy probably built them.. not the greatest quality, some guys even brought em back said they leaked instantly and you could see unfinished welds..

now with the ceramics, it seemed like they had some more experienced guys building them.. looked very nice out of the box, good clean craftsmanship, and never heard any complaints and never got a return on a single pair of ceramics..

Appreciate the responses guys, this is why B Bodies is the best!

Auto Transport Service
Back