headlight buzzer

Electrical & Ignition

1. midnightrider1818

midnightrider1818 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:47 PM
    so I as some of you may have read. I am trying to get all my buzzers working. my question this time is about the headlight buzzer. the first question I have I was wondering if this was a option as I cannot find a headlight buzzer and it is suppose to be next to the seat belt relay. question two is can I hook one up if it does not have one and is the wiring there for it. just plug and play. I read somewhere cant remember where but it said the wiring should be there. question 3 is does anybody have one for sale

2. Nacho-RT74

Nacho-RT74 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:47 PM
    Yes was an option ( lighting package A01 ) which included the fender top turning signals and some other stuff. Is actually just a LIGHTS ON buzzer, not really headlights, since actually buzzes with Parking lights.

The plug is there ( an angled one with black wire and a black traced yellow one ), need to get or make ( easy really ) the pigtail to reach the correct location on dash frame.

Buzzers are available on ebay. I have 3 I can rid off since my car is 74 and is totally diff, but I'm in Venezuela LOL.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Mopar-1...zer-/311119051763?hash=item487023fbf3&vxp=mtr

That is one of the ones available, but there are more. I bet if you go to a JY will find someone in working order.

This is another one which is exactly the same unit but the bracket in another position ( this is actually the ones I have ):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Mopar-1...lay-/311132942674?hash=item4870f7f152&vxp=mtr

- - - Updated - - -

this is the "diagram" from the 71 wiring section of manual ( same up to 73 )

lamps on warning buzzer1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't care for the correctness of the bracket position we can make a trade for one of the buzzers... I'm needing an Iphone 5S belt case :). I send to you one buzzer and you send me the case I want ( which I think is around $10 ). Buzzers are NOS still on boxes and tested. Just with some surface rust on small areas

3. midnightrider1818

midnightrider1818 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:47 PM
    When exactly does the buzzer come on door open and lights on

4. idrivemopar

idrivemopar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:47 PM
    Yes, and car not running.

5. Nacho-RT74

Local Time:
    car can be runing ( if you decide to open the door while driving and lights are on LOL )

6. idrivemopar

idrivemopar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:47 PM
    I guess I will have to try that the next time I fire up the car. I had assumed it only sounded when the car was not running.

7. Nacho-RT74

Local Time:
    any of both signals ( positive and negative ) has nothing to do with ignition key, both are constant sources can be activated anytime. You can turn on the lights with and without keys, car running or not, same as door open ground signal.

8. benbuilder

benbuilder Active Member

Local Time:
    I know this is an old thread, but I do have a question about the buzzer. I have a 70 Coronet.

While replacing the dash pad, I noticed this buzzer (2983 695 46385 3129) was unplugged. I plugged it in and it began to buzz. Headlights were off. So I assumed the relay was bad and bought another used one. I plugged it in and it does the same thing. The guy I bought it from said he will get me another if the first one purchased is bad, but I dont want to assume anything now.

So I am beginning to wonder if something else is going on. Can anyone help me out on this?
    Thanks

9. Demonic

Demonic Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You'll have to get out your meter and check for grounds, maybe a bad door switch. If the parking lights or headlights are on AND the door is opened, the circuit is completed.

10. Nacho-RT74

Local Time:
    70 system works diff from laters. They get in fact a diode to keep isolated the key buzzer function from the lights on buzzer function, because they work with the same buzzer with a common ground signal trigger and both activated by positive. The key in sensor switch on next years drives negative and use a separated buzzer for each warning signal. Maybe door ground switch or related wiring is being grounded without any door jam switch effect.

topic=177.jpg

3792143-diodes001-jpg.jpg

If you disconect the diode jumper the buzzer will work just as a key in buzzer. Adding the diode jumper will serve for both ( key and lights ).

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  11. benbuilder

benbuilder Active Member

Local Time:
    Thank you for the help. It is now working properly as a door buzzer. Good enough for me for now

12. Nacho-RT74

Local Time:
    not a door buzzer... either lights on &/or key in buzzer. Just that in both stages just buzzs when driver door is open to warn you about the lights or key on ign switch because supposelly you are leaving the car

13. benbuilder

benbuilder Active Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the education again. It buzzes when the door is open and the key in ignition. If I remove the key, the buzzer stops.

• Like Like x 1
    1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.