• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

headliner install??

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:44 AM
Reaction score
Anyone got pics of how they installed their headliner in a 64-65 b body 2dr, hardtop?

No pics as of yet. I am installing a new headliner in the 64 Fury. We have it hung, but not glued or tightened up yet. Not really an easy way to do it yourself, just go slow. I will post up some pics as we make more progress.

The long metal clip with teeth on either side of the car is what I'm referring to. What should I use to push the liner up in to them so they grip? I will have another person helping me that has installed them before, just not on an early b.

We are using a plastic putty knife to push it up behind there. $0.69 at Lowes, just make sure you dull down the blade tip some so it doesn't slice through. that plastic is pretty sharp!!

That is a damn good idea mark42202. I will try it and see how it works.

Hey Zack when are you going to install the headliner? Please post some pics of it. I was going to have mine done, but maybe will attempt it. :icon_axe:

Joe, no problem. I plan on taking a bunch so others can learn.

Installing may not be hard, but if it has fold marks or wrinkles in it they will need to be steamed out.

Im gonna lay it out in the house overnight before we start. Then lay it outside for awhile to help with the stretching and any fold marks.

Not sure of your application, but use those little squeeze clips along the side rails as you work from the front to back, working out wrinkles and stretching as you go. They are available at Harbor Freight for cheap(20 should do it). Also lay the headliner out in the sun and it will smooth out some of the wrinkles and soften it up so it's easier to work with.

Thats a good idea.

There was a video somewhere on installing a headliner. Make sure you got the bows in the right place and keep plenty of overlap.

Hey this is great! If I ever get Laysons to send me mine I`ll know how to do it! Thanks guys!

Bows were marked as I took them out, and I'll post pics when I do it, maybe this weekend if it rains, the better half wants to have a garage sale.

Hey this is great! If I ever get Laysons to send me mine I`ll know how to do it! Thanks guys!

Rick is member here (haven't seen him for a little while :tongue3:)

maybe try shootin' him a PM....

either way, im lookin forward to pics of a headliner!!!

:worthless_thread:

Well guess what showed up in the mail today!! It`s been almost a year since I began my seach for the headliner for the ol` 65 Coronet. I ordered one in about the middle of October last year from a company which finally returned my money in May. It took them that long to finally admit that they couldn`t supply. So in June I ordered one from SMS and it got here today! It looks perfect and the quality is awesome. Now if I can do it justice when I install it I`ll be happy. I`ll try to take some pics as I go along but it may not be till Christmas to work on it. No wonder I can`t get anything done! Lols,,

does the 64 Hardtop use sailpanels in behind or is the material just stretched over the c pillar?

Any pics? Do I have to buy them? Fon' know if they are there in my car. Somebody screwed up a headliner instal before I bought it.

Auto Transport Service
Back