• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headliner Trim Removal

67PB2SS

Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
I have been removing all of the interior trim associated with the headliner. This is for a '67 Belvedere. I have run into a problem with the trim that surrounds the A pillar. It is an extremely tight fit, and I have no clue as to how it is removed without doing damage to the piece or anything else. Until it is removed I can't remove the headliner itself. The rest of the trim pieces were a snap. Can someone please tell me how to remove the two A pillar pieces? Attached are photos of the trim.

Thank you,

'67PB2SS

DSCN0605.JPG DSCN0606.JPG DSCN0607.JPG DSCN0608.JPG

Don't know if these will help but they are a pain in the *** to take out. You have to pull the top out first. Which is not easy to do. But here you can atleast see what your looking for.
IMG_3622[1].JPG
IMG_3623[1].JPG
IMG_3624[1].JPG
IMG_3625[1].JPG

Still not sure what to do. Do I grasp the top portion and try to wiggle it out? Do I pull evenly on both bottom and top? Is there a special kind of tool required for taking the piece out? If someone could walk me through this I would be most grateful. Thanks.

Im pretty sure you have to sort of twist the top portion out towards the mirror to get it over that metal fastner. Its been a while since I took mine out.

I got them off! Used two table knives and wedged them between an angled piece and the trim itself. I would pry it open a bit with one knife and work my way up by inserting the second knife then repeat. Did that all the way up the trim piece until it separated from the angled piece. From there I worked the trim piece back and forth pulling it backwards all the while towards me. Bear in mind that there is a clip behind the trim piece for the top screw. The trim piece may get hung up on it, but it can be bent out of the way. Be patient and the whole piece (top and bottom) should eventually pop out. Keep rocking the piece back and forth and up and down along with backwards pressure. I'm glad I used the table knives as the metal is fairly soft and does scratch the chrome if you are careful.

Auto Transport Service
Back