• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headrests for a 1970 Roadrunner

drodg58

Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
I have just purchased a survivor 1970 Roadrunner with a bench seat. The interior is really nice except the headrests. Does anyone restore these? I called Legendary Interiors and they don't do them or have reproductions anymore. Any suggestions? Btw on different note any suggestions on a refresh of the gauges? Thanks everyone

Don't know, but maybe Year-One perhaps. You may be better off trying to find an upholstery store or restoration shop near you and save the H&M charges as they are getting ridiculous. recently cost me $20+ to have a $44 item shipped.

Do them yourself. I did and they came out great!

I had a local upholstery shop recover the rests I bought for my '63 pretty low cost. As for refreshing your gauges, I did this on my car using mild cleaners (no alcohol or harsh solvents). Q-tips, non-abrasive soap, damp rinse using tips, buffing and - ahh patience. This included getting needle paint recoating them. All in all happy enough with the results, brightened the gauge letters, numerals, faces. I considered getting gauge decals; but tried this first.

Just to update. I had Not Just Headrests do a restoration on mine out of my 70 Roadrunner. They came back in like three weeks and they truly look like new. Thanks to Dennis and his great work.

Shannon at Redline Gauge Works does a nice job on restoring gauges.

Auto Transport Service
Back