• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heat Riser Wisdom

win32exe

Local time
3:42 PM
Reaction score
i found out my passenger side manifold is cracked, so i bought another one and the heat riser works great, smooth, the question is should i keep it like it is, wire it open, remove and weld the holes, etc?

not sure my edlebrock performer manifold has the crossover needed to get the exhaust to the other side? not even sure how to tell if its there, or if its the manifold that crosses it :) please explain how the exhaust gasses get to the other side

impart your years of wisdom.....

it's a 3 season car, so i don't care too much about fast warm ups.

Thank you

Keep the heat riser intact if it is in working order. The crossover in the intake doesn't send exhaust from side to side. It only allows heat from the cylinder heads to warm the manifold. MA Mopar knew what she was doing. JMO ruffcut

Keep the heat riser intact if it is in working order. The crossover in the intake doesn't send exhaust from side to side. It only allows heat from the cylinder heads to warm the manifold. MA Mopar knew what she was doing. JMO ruffcut
?? So if you close up one exhaust manifold outlet.... where does it go?

With today's fuels I think heat is your enemy. Myself I would run with it open. If your intake has a cross over it should get very hot with or without the valve. A touch with your hand will tell you real quick. You not knowing what you have the previous owner may of used gaskets with a block off.

Heat riser when working forces exhaust from the valve side up through the intakes cross over and out the oposite side.

the broken manifold has the valve removed and welded holes, i think i will wire this one open, its works perfect, i don't want to ruin a good working part.

Is there a "best way" to wire the valve open, Mopar Approved?

Auto Transport Service
Back