• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater box vacuum line help needed.

Roadcuda

Local time
3:46 AM
Reaction score
I have a '65 Coronet that I just replaced the heater core on it. I marked the lines at the heater box to they went back in the right place but I didn't realize that there was a connector at the other end of those lines and I didn't take note of where it connects under the dash as I didn't see any mention of it in the FSM, unless I missed it. I also saw that it looks like all the male ends have broken off in the connector that goes to the heater box. Would anyone have any pictures of where this connector goes under the dash, or maybe have an extra one of those connectors? I doubt anyone sells those parts. thanks in advance.

It connects to your heater/defrost switch on the dash, it’s like a manifold.
Anthony Powell rebuilds them. [email protected]

Is this the part you're talking about? If so, I can probably help.

691-3895790.jpg

I'll have to confirm but the nibble pattern sure looks like the end with the vacuum lines. I'll let you know. Thanks for help gents.

I'll have to confirm but the nibble pattern sure looks like the end with the vacuum lines. I'll let you know. Thanks for help gents.
The controller I posted looks the same for many different years but beware, they ARE different.

I was able to get the part no. today. It's 2496872 3623
Is that something you would have available?
Thanks

I was able to get the part no. today. It's 2496872 3623
Is that something you would have available?
Thanks
These controls are different from 66 and prior. 67 and newer will not necessarily work in your 65. They look the same but the internals are different. I’ll look and see what I have. Can you post a photo of yours, it will help. If I can’t help there is a fellow in Texas who rebuilds them, see one of the other posts here. I believe Red63440 gave this address
[email protected]
I’ve also posted a thread on how to rebuild yours. Search my posts or I can send it to you.

Here are pictures of the control unit out of my "65 Coronet. Is this something you can help with or do I need to try and get mine rebuilt.
Thanks, Steve

20211031_102734.jpg 20211031_102756.jpg

I have the part with the nipples BUT the electrical tabs are different BUT I think you can make it work. if you look at my rebuild post you’ll see how you can drill out the small tabs that hold that piece in place, replace the damaged piece and install small screws the resecure the piece. It will also give you a chance to look at the ‘wafers’ inside that control the vacuum. It’s really not the difficult and I can walk you though it. Pm me if this sounds like something you want to tackle.

I decided to send my valve to Anthony Powell for rebuild and I'm glad I did. He did a great job and with a quick turn around. He had it back in the mail 3 days after he received it. Highly recommend.

20211120_123859.jpg 20211120_124303.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back