• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater Fan Doesn't Blow Very Fast and No Heat

slepr1

Local time
1:57 AM
Reaction score
Its getting cold here in the Great White North. I turned my heater on the Cordoba for the first time in many years and I could hear the fan motor working but the air movement is minimal. When I cycle it to low, med, high I can hear the fan motor change in speed (not by much though) but still minimal air movement. Also, no heat comith. Before I start replacing everything to find the problem, I though to ask first. Any info would be appreciated.

My first guess would be mouse nest in the tubes.

Blower motors get dirty and tired. When they don't get up to speed they draw a lot of amps and tend to melt wires and connectors. Usually at the blower switch. If you can, turn the blower to high and feel the switch. If it gets warm to hot in a hurry, it is time to replace it or get it cleaned and oiled. The lack of air movement could be that or like Hawkeye says, a Mouse nest. No heat at all could mean the heater control valve is stuck shut. I'm not sure whether you have a vacuum control or cable control but either way you should be able to verify if the valve is opening and closing when you operate the temp control. Is this an AC car?

I'd suspect a mouse nest as well. Any funny smells? I found a lot of headliner fluff and mouse droppings in my heater box, it needed a pretty good washing.

AC car? If so, heater box door may not be opening.

Yes its a AC car but AC was removed many years ago when the complete drivetrain was changed. I think I might remove the fan motor, bench test and start with that. Then I will take apart the heater control valve too as I noticed it does move but not too freely. As far as a mouse nest...I hope not. I don't smell anything unusual.

Auto Transport Service
Back