• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater Valve Assembly

Charger1969B

Local time
1:41 PM
Reaction score
1969 Dodge Charger 440 RT/SE
I just tried to fire up my car for the first time since completely rebuilding the car from the ground up, I noticed that coolant is leaking out of the housing to the Heater Valve Assembly. I guess I have to have the original one refurbished which isn't a problem, but I can't figure out how to remove it from the car. I removed the 3 screws that hold it into place on the firewall side, but can't seam to reach the connections in the back. Do I need to drop the whole dash unit to access this, or can it be removed from the engine bay side or from the under side of dash inside the cab? The shop manual doesn't seem to be much help, and I can't seem to find anything online. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cody

If an AC car, after removing the 3 bolts it should pull forward. Will have cable any maybe capillary tube to unfasten to remove valve.

I got it away from the firewall, and I think that I can disconnect the cable portion, but the "capillary tube" seems to attached to the housing without a way to disconnect it. Am I missing something here?

The capillary tube is attached to the bottom of the heater box inside the car, lower right side. Unscrew from heater box and snake thru as you remove valve. You'll get all kinds of opinions about the device and its value. Most just remove them as their function is limited.

Wow what a hassle, but I got it! Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it, now to get it off to be refurbished and hopefully fix the leak.

Joe up in Wisconsin is the guy. Heatervalves.net I believe. Straight up guy, quick and reasonable.

Auto Transport Service
Back