• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heaterbox/heatercore Resto n

dodge68charger

Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
Just wondering what colour should i paint my heaterbox for my 68 charger and where can i buy a quality heater core. Thanks

I use flat black latex. I cold galvanize (especially the drip tray inside!!) and latex is the correct paint to cover that as well. The radiators were also sprayed with latex. Krylon Industrial makes a great spray latex paint. I get it at Grainger's. Some places will sell it online but shipping can be a hassle. NAPA or Fastener Supply may be able to get it for you. See:
https://www.krylonindustrial.com/products/ecoguard_latex_spray_paint_enamels

I prefer to lightly bead blast the outer shell and then clear coat with satin poly. for heater core look at advance auto or orielly auto for part number 399101. I always do a pressure test before they are installed.
004_zps0654fe02.jpg

002_zpsd3ec1cec.jpg

That looks factory original!

I prefer to lightly bead blast the outer shell and then clear coat with satin poly. for heater core look at advance auto or orielly auto for part number 399101. I always do a pressure test before they are installed.
004_zps0654fe02.jpg

002_zpsd3ec1cec.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back