• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heaven got a good one yesterday!

Rick@Laysons

FBBO Vendor
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
12:06 PM
Reaction score
This is the part I dis-like the very most about getting old.....

I just learned today a very good friend of mine passed away yesterday.

He was a marine in Nam...In fact, he was one of the very last on the roof of the embassy in Saigon when the US pulled out. He was a "salt of the Earth" type of guy that will be sorely missed by all of his friends and family.

RIP Larry....

Sucks the good ones go so quick

so, so sorry for your loss of a friend

Rest in Peace Larry, you certainly have earned it

Sorry for your loss Rick but if it gives you any comfort, and Larry knew this, Marines don't die, they go to hell and re-group.
I'll tell him hello for you when I see him.

EAFBBD97-36F2-437C-B846-AB59A339A2D8.jpeg
That was in 75. Remember the news reports. Rest in Peace Sir. Brave guys doing a thankless job. Many/most drafted. Some of my school Mates went.

Last edited:
I hope that those who pass on before we get our turn find some new wonderful existence. I include your buddy, and allow me to say my dear folks, uncles, many friends and on and on...older ya get, sadly the more you can count who've gone on. I've done a couple eulogy's, one for a close buddy who dropped dead at 50 with so many things he still wanted to do, and for my father-in-law who was incredibly talented who made it to 83. I look at their lives, including my folks who did so much recounting their accomplishments, the guidance they gave me when I wanted it and ahh...not...stuck in my memory over the decades...their wisdom that living long enough gave them that suddenly goes away with their life. On one hand think that's just how it goes and then sadness of the loss of their being who they were and what they did. Glad to say one last time my mom said she loved me as she always did each time when leaving for endless years and I was able to say the same back to her in the hospital not knowing it would be the last time. Early next morning the doc called telling me she was dying, by the time I arrived I entered her room to find her lifeless small body on her bed. Was the first time in 60 years of my life she couldn't answer me when I said "hey ma". I stared at her for don't know how long before giving her a kiss wondering if she might now be somewhere 'else'. Sat there for maybe half hour holding her hand with the IV needles still intact and staring at her face. OK, sorry I'm in a mood I guess here. NONE of us are spared this as we have to say goodbye to those we loved and yes, hope Larry is somewhere finding a new fantastic existence.

Sorry for the loss of your friend! May he Rest In Peace!
Thank you for your service!

Auto Transport Service
Back