• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Height of seat tracks 1970 b-body?

TheSwede

Local time
12:41 AM
Reaction score
Trying to install a pair of bucket seats from a -74 challenger in my Coronet but I need to know the height of the tracks, the one on the e-body seats are way to low and I was planning to make some spacers for them, I can´t find tracks from a -70 here in Sweden so you are my last hope...

Try to measure the height from where they bolts to the floor are and up to the level where the seats rests on the tracks, and if you could nail it within a 1/4 of an inch it would be perfect. Please use the picture as a guide, it took me more time to draw the lines then it will take to make the spacers...

Both left and right track, do they have the same height on drivers and pass side?

Thanks!

tracks.JPG

OK, thanks Dodger, a little to much money for me right now.
BTW, I still have the tracks from my bench, does anyone knows if the outer track from a bucket seat is the same as the outer on the bench?

Seat tracks ac be installed for how high you want the tops of the seats to be.......low install just the track....higher install a set (or two) of those seat rack spacers......the bucket seats in the 70- B bodies tend to sit very low....think the other late 60's cars do also.
here is a link to what they look like but you can make your own...won't see them anyway when installed

http://www.pgclassic.com/product_info.php?products_id=594

Auto Transport Service
Back