• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello! '68 Charger here

rink

Local time
4:52 AM
Reaction score
Hello eveyone, thank you for letting me join.
My husband got me my dream car for a wedding present (1968 Dodge Charger) five years ago. It was everything I wanted, basically a pile of parts and a shell with a title and vin tag. When this car is done, I will be able to say I built it myself.

I found this forum because I have been stockpiling parts for the car to finish the build but recently have realized that I prefer to just order repops instead of repairing most of the parts I have. Someone expressed interest in purchasing the entire lot of parts so I have been researching for prices for pieces in similar condition to the ones I have (I want to be realistic, but fair on the prices). Many of my searches led me to these forums.

I hope to fund the build by selling some of what I have stockpiled so far. I am looking foward to sharing the progess here as well!
Very excited to get started, but one step at a time first :)

IMG_20200503_073130_801.jpg

IMG_20200503_072020_187.jpg

IMG_20201129_154100_980.jpg

IMG_20201128_174500_842.jpg

A welcome to you, and thank YOU for letting us share in your journey with your fantastic car !

1655763738010.png
glad your here and lets get ver done :thumbsup:

Welcome to FBBO! and Congrats on your choice. It looks like you have a good start on it but I would like to caution you on selling off all your factory parts in favor of re-pops. Some of the new re-pops are good but not all are. You have to be careful about throwing good money after bad so to speak. You are on the right track and the right site so if I were you, I would ask a lot of questions about what and where to purchase parts before giving up on your parts. We are here to help. Good luck on your build.

Welcome to FBBO! and Congrats on your choice. It looks like you have a good start on it but I would like to caution you on selling off all your factory parts in favor of re-pops. Some of the new re-pops are good but not all are. You have to be careful about throwing good money after bad so to speak. You are on the right track and the right site so if I were you, I would ask a lot of questions about what and where to purchase parts before giving up on your parts. We are here to help. Good luck on your build.
Thank you. I just have a lot of rust and damage on the parts I have now, and it would take more time money and effort to repair versus new parts. That is my logic so far. I know my limitations as well and repairing the parts I have would take even more time for me, and I risk ruining them and having to buy new anyway.
I am excited to be here and looking forward to the community!!

welcome to FBBO

Auto Transport Service
Back