• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello all 440 fuel pump pushrod question?

440 Charger

Local time
2:29 AM
Reaction score
Mine is a tad worn looking for some feedback on the aftermarket stuff? Running a .509 purpleshaft 292 flat tappet checked out comp cams they have a few went to mancini racing found a hughes. Have read tons of bad reviews on most any comments are appreciated. Hope all is well and thank you.

Yes Comp Cams makes a 440/426 fuel pump rod. I have replaced 2 of them in 6 months on my friends GTX. Do not buy one of the comp cams version. You might be better off trying to find a NOS one. Pricey but having to replace them every 6 months sucks. Plus all the shavings that end up in your engine.

You might want to try the 440 source one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2838270208...N3TaWU5MQppYmOdVQC7-FxRE1C2bj-sRoC2bcQAvD_BwE

Don't buy Howards either! Get NOS or good used if you need a new one.

IMG_0589 (Medium).JPG

Yep, post a WTB for an OEM one... the rest seem to be junk. When I did the fuel pump in the Bee I pulled a push rod out of an old block I had stored the past 40 years, so I had everything ready for the new pump, and then didn't need it as my 156,000 mile push rod in the Bee's 383 was still full length @ 3.22"!

Should be right at 3.22 I would replace that.

Whenever I make it to the yard I try to grab one or two. Most every original rod I find is still oem length. If it isn't I leave it.

So a 3.147 is close to the factory 3.22
.073 short. Run it and look for a oem or nos one unless someone has had good luck with a certain aftermarket one.

Auto Transport Service
Back