• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello, B-Body-philes!

69 Charger

Local time
5:06 AM
Reaction score
I am the original owner of 1969 Dodge Charger, XP29H9B280166, special-ordered at Tait's Huntsville Dodge in Huntsville, Alabama on 15 January 1969. My wife chose the color (Light Green Metallic, Code F3) and she left it to me to order it with the 383 HP engine, 4-speed, and black vinyl. We took delivery on 5 February 1969.
We have put 178,283 happy miles on the car. It has taken us to the top of Pikes Peak (1973), to Mexico City (1975) and to our new home in eastern North Carolina (1979). Sadly, it was plowed into while minding its own business by a geezer who said "My gas pedal stuck, and I just looked for something to slow me down." Repaired, visually well, by the dealer -- but underneath the brazing job was a mess. I took it off the road in 1996 to tear into the bodywork myself. Restoration of a 1966 Austin-Healey 3000 (which has become our "fun" car) and a 1973 MG Midget interfered, and the car has languished in the garage since then. I started and warmed up the engine occasionally, and it has been running fine. My wife reminded me that if we were ever going to see our Charger on the road again, it needed to be finished soon, and done right. The engine is now out for rebuild, and I'm ready to contract for the body restoration.

LF.jpg

LH.jpg

LR.jpg

RF.jpg

Original plate.jpg

5 Feb 69.jpg

It'll buff right out!.jpg

Welcome to FBBO from Georgia.

Nice Charger!

Greetings from northern Michigan.

Awesome car. Awesome being the original owner and knowing every single detail about its complete and total history.

WOW! :thumbsup:

Awesome background story, welcome from Washington State.

Welcome from Illinois!! Great car, great history and great that you're putting it back to top-notch condition! :thumbsup:

Hi 69 Charger, :welcome: from Canada. Great story, glad to see you've kept the car through all this time. You should have used 'Chahjah' for your screen name here! :)

Thanks for the welcome! I did use CHAHJAH as the avatar. Can I change my screen name?
Normally a screen name will only be changed because a newly signed up member used their real name or an email address.

There is ample time when a person signs up to give consideration to what they choose, which is why it baffles us at times when people want to change them, or don't understand the process.

Leave it alone....it is unique. You can change an avatar yourself at any time.

Thanks.... @69 Sleeper Bee :thumbsup:

I am actually surprised @69 Charger was still available.
@69 Sleeper Bee: When I signed up I had to create a name, and 69 Charger was the first thing that came to me, but I was focusing more on the issue with my Charger that caused me to sign up than I was of me. In hindsight, I'm also surprised that name wasn't already taken.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! Several years ago I was a member of the Classic Charger forum; but it seemed to me that most of those folks were building General Lee replicas, or more interested in talking about the modern Chargers. So far, I'm finding this forum much more worth my time.

Auto Transport Service
Back